• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any
    breaking like the waves down on the coastline
    breaking like the wine-stained glass that held my drink

Eva grows even more impatient by the second. Eyes burning bright and bold as she stares at the water mare that lingers in the ocean. She sulks at having to wait for an answer to who this other creature was.

She cannot help but wonder who the other seahorse is. How did she move the water like that? It didn’t feel possible that anyone else could control the water. It isn’t, she tells herself. Plainly, it would never be. Eva was the only one that could. The only one at least she has ever met. She was the daughter of the ocean and knew the ends and outs of the sea.

But perhaps she truly did not.

Perhaps she was not the only one.

Suddenly, the water moves around the seahorse. Eva gaze widens at the scene that unfolds before her. She watches as the water answers to the call of the mare. The water moves around her, carrying her forward. Each movement, the water and the seahorse become one, move with grace and beauty. It is something she has never seen before.

Except Eva cannot help but wonder if that’s the way she looked. Did she look as graceful and beautiful as the other water horse did? Sometimes she felt clumsy and off balanced. But she always enjoyed pushing herself quickly at the surface of the water.

The seahorse is than at the shore. Her orange-gold eyes fade away with irritation, but they remain wide-eyed as she stares at the mare. There is a glimmer of curiosity as she stares at Eva and a friendly, warm smile lifts on the stranger’s lip. Eva doesn’t return the smile. She isn’t exactly sure what to say, except the mare takes the lead in answering her finally.

Eva’s small ears swivel at the strange accent and language that leaves the lips of the mare. The seahorse assumes she was drowning. Eva snorts softly at that idea. She could never drown. She was the best swimmer she knew. Then the mare laughs softly. She then peers at Eva with curiosity. There was something quickly charming about the other mare instantly now. Her anger and annoyance recently suddenly vanished.

“No, I was not drowning,” she says softly. “I could never drown in the water. It’s my home.” A warm smile crosses over her lips. The very ocean was her favorite thing and it brought her instant warmth at the thought of it. “And I’m not scared!” She rushes to say, remembering the last words of the mare before she got caught up in admiring the grace and beauty of the stranger. “I just-“ she stumbles over her words. “Well, I’ve never been on this dry land before.” She confesses quickly, spilling the words out that jumble together almost.

The girl then realizes she is still in the same place she fell before. Her eyes widen when she remembers. “It can’t be that hard can it?” She asks as she quickly attempts to find her balance again on the sandy shore. Eva quickly stumbles back into her position as quickly as she tries to find her footing. A look of annoyance crosses over her face. “Maybe not then.” She huffs, sending a few strands of her mane up in the air and then falling back over her face.

Between the strands of hair, she can still see the mare. Her eyes peer at the mare curiously now. “I don’t mean to be rude, but what are you?” Eva’s small-shaped Arabian head tilts as her orange-gold eyes glimmer now. “The ocean likes you,” she says referring to the way the water had answers her call and pushed her to the shore.

Eva

character info: here | character reference: here

@[Adria] Apologies for how late this is D:
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any - by Eva - 04-09-2019, 01:57 PM