• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any

Eva was stunning, there was no doubt about that. Even lying there on the ground in front of Adria she still seemed impossibly beautiful in a vulnerable state. Her looks, along with the quick explanation of what she’d been doing in the sea so close to shore, already lead the elder Nereid to a conclusion that they were more or less the same. Kindred spirits and types have an odd way of finding each other in this strange world. It makes her warm smile all the more genuine as she steps back to give the smaller, purple mare some room to try and stand.

“Mhm, the land is not so forgiving as the sea. He’s fò ak vle di, always unmoving.” She told the girl, when asked if walking through air was harder than water. Gravity had been a pain to overcome, especially when the sea responded so quickly to her needs, but the benefits of moving from water to land were unparalleled. Most horses of Beqanna could live topside and never think twice about the ocean. “It’s worth the struggle little bote, you lovely child. There are few who can live in the waves like we do.”

Her lips tug into a quiet laugh and Adria extends the graceful curve of her curtained neck, so that they might get to know each other’s distinct scent. “We,” she pauses, confident in this assumption, “are Nereids. Sometimes you may have scales, and the closer you are to the water the better she listens, no? Well the same goes for me.”

Ah! Her heart is nearly fluttering! For her whole life Adria believed that she would be singular, perhaps unbearably lonely in her quest for others like her. Now Eva sits like a pearl on the tongue of an oyster; the answer to all of Adria’s quietly unspoken prayers. Can she help it if her voice pitches high with excitement when she says, “My mother is one too! And my baby sister. For the longest time I thought… but, pa gen okenn pwoblèm. Here you are, which means that I was wrong. Gwo!” The seamare beams.

Her nature overcomes her and Adria finds that she’s suddenly spilling out questions for the other horse. “Is your mother the same? Did you travel with others like us?”

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Eva] Ahhh same! It's ok Smile I love them

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any - by Adria - 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM