• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  we're setting fire to our insides for fun; ophie

Ophanim

Ophanim used to be more emotional as a child. Each time he cried, though, his mother used to brush his fluff of forelock from his face and tell him how time was wasted being upset. She insisted that he pick himself up and get back to enjoying his life. Jenova had a way of letting things roll off her shoulders that passed on to her son. He is aware of the way Adna clings to her woes, though, as they seem to be the only constant in her life. He doesn’t blame her for this drastic difference between them. Instead, he likes getting to see things from a different perspective.

When she says she hasn’t looked for him, he blinks at first, surprised by the callous response. But then he laughs when she seems to realize how blunt her words were. Ophanim quickly forgets once she moves on to the next question and gives a hollow laugh. The angel boy steps closer and lets his wing extend to lightly cover her back. He doesn’t curl the appendage around her, however, but offers it like a hand on the shoulder.

Home is less important than the people you feel at home around. Or at least that’s how I see it,” he says with a light shrug of his shoulders. “But why do you feel like you have to earn these things?

He lightly touches his lips to her cheek as he voices his concern, exploring the inches of her skin down to her neck. Something about his scales pressed against hers is comfortable and he likes the sound they make as they slide against one another with each subtle movement. Without thinking, he kisses at her skin and immediately freezes after. How reckless, how foolish to let himself get to comfortable like this.

The angel boy steps back as his wing retreats back to his own side while his cheeks burn hot with embarrassment.

I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I.. We’re not like that,” he quickly explains, but what’s done is done. The memory of her warmth across his lips lingers there as he watches her with shuddering breath. Of course there is want but his heart yearns for the mind reading star girl back in Loess.

And yet.

And yet, his eyes roam across Adna’s body as though seeing her for the first time. She’s more beautiful than he had noticed when they were younger but she deserves more than he has to give her. Still, he will give what little he has left over when Starsin gets her fill of him.
    @[adna]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're setting fire to our insides for fun; ophie - by Ophanim - 04-21-2019, 01:03 AM