• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Machina Arcana - (Starsin)

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She listens to his inner struggle, and it’s nothing that she hasn’t heard before. Everything about her was undeniably beautiful, from the dark slate gray of her coat decorated with stars, to the intense blue of her eyes that glittered behind a veil of almost-black forelock. But she has always been a little fractured, never quite able to make that honest connection with others. To most, she was unlikable. She was an acquired taste, that most seemed to always find bitter. She listened to their thoughts, heard their displeasure and their insults and their dislike, and kept them harbored inside of her like some sort of twisted treasure that she refused to let go of. She used them to water her bitterness, to keep twisting her into the mean, untrusting creature she continued to become.

She was beautiful, but she wasn’t likeable.
    Her mother hadn’t liked her. Her supposed lover didn’t like her enough to be faithful.
    Vadar’s thoughts are nothing new.

When he jerks away, she flinches, briefly irritated at being left before being perplexed by his final thought. She doesn’t know why she knows to dart to the side. Something about the way he had glanced back for the briefest of seconds, something about the word suffer in his mind. She can almost feel the rush of wind left in the wake of the hurtling boulder,  her shoulder scraping roughly against the bark of a tree in her haste to move. The ground shakes with the force of the boulder as it plunges to the ground, leaving a small crater where she had once stood.

Her sides heaving with the sudden exertion, and the adrenaline surging wildly in her veins, her eyes flash to his with something that is between anger and admiration. “Did I strike a nerve with you?” She doesn’t know why, but she laughs, even though her legs tremble and blood streams from her nose. “I just have this strange feeling you don’t like me.” Her eyes narrow, and for perhaps the first time, all her poison-honey and mock cordiality dissipates, leaving behind a frigid voice that is somehow hollow and weighted all at once, “Join the fucking club.”

She steps towards him, and even though the tension continues to hum beneath her skin her muscles remain lax. There is a blankness to her stare when she watches him now, and she is far too calm when she says, “Go ahead and kill me, Vadar. I won’t even move this time.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Vadar]

Messages In This Thread
    Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Vadar - 04-15-2019, 09:58 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Starsin - 04-18-2019, 01:52 AM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Vadar - 04-18-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Starsin - 04-20-2019, 04:58 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Vadar - 04-22-2019, 02:35 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Starsin - 04-24-2019, 09:56 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Vadar - 05-01-2019, 08:11 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Starsin - 05-03-2019, 02:11 AM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Vadar - 05-04-2019, 11:05 PM
    RE: Machina Arcana - (Starsin) - by Starsin - 05-05-2019, 04:15 AM