• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  simply save me; Litotes

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Kensa is just as real and startling to Litotes as he is to her. There is something about the raw pain in her eyes that wrenches his heart into millions of glass shards. Her vulnerability in this moment is a part of her he has yet to experience - forget the anger, the disagreements, the pain, the lovemaking - there is life-altering beauty and intimacy between them. He feels broken, though: split in two because whatever bonding they may do in this moment is at the expense of Kensa.

Though she may tell him he is forgivable, he feels as if he is too far gone, too cruel for her loving arms.

The next few moments are an out of body experience. As Kensa shivers beneath her pain, a loud ringing reverberates in Lie’s ears. His eyes flick back and forth as if in slow motion, the rock and water and dust all blurring into one brown blur. When she falls to the ground his mouth falls open like a fish gaping for air out of water. He chokes on words that never make it out, stumbling from fear for his wife and the force of the memories still swirling in his mind. Lie only snaps out of it when his hooves clatter and splash in the water. The cold wet seeps into the fur of his legs, and he shakes his head before tripping back to Kensa’s side.

Litotes shifts into his lion and crouches at the Primarch’s back. His wild eyes flick from the opening above them to the canyons in front of and behind them. He guards her as she passes through the stages of labor, occasionally passing his muzzle over her neck to wipe the sweat away (and to soothe his anxiety, to feel a pulse still there).

When Kelynen finally arrives, Kensa’s eyes are far too glassy for Lie’s comfort. Panic rises in his throat and escapes as a frantic growl. He curls around the deflated barrel of his wife to check the breath of their newborn son. The little one’s chest rises and falls so Litotes pounces to Kensa’s face with a fear he did not know could exist.

“Kensa,” he murmurs, pressing terrified kisses to her face. “I love you. I love you so much,” he murmurs into her skin, tears pricking at his eyes. “He’s beautiful, Kensa. Please,” when he chokes on his words he also presses his stomach to the ground and chin to his paws. “Please tell me you’re okay.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Kensa] this is garbage in comparison to yours im sorry :/

Messages In This Thread
    simply save me; Litotes - by Kensa - 05-10-2019, 09:54 PM
    RE: simply save me; Litotes - by litotes - 05-13-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: simply save me; Litotes - by Kensa - 05-14-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: simply save me; Litotes - by litotes - 05-21-2019, 07:19 PM
    RE: simply save me; Litotes - by Kensa - 05-25-2019, 10:59 PM