• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  distance makes the heart grow fonder - anyone

- R E E M -
    We don't have to reap the fear they sow.

The antelope mare found herself sufficiently distracted by a small patch of vibrant, pink flowers.  Perhaps she should have felt foolish for being so excited for something as simple as a flower. The flowers in Dorobo were tiny, hearty things.  They had to be to find purchase in the sunbaked savanna which she had once called home.  They were more weeds than actual flowers, but Reem had the ability to see beauty in even the most unexpected of places. 

Growing up so sheltered had a twofold effect on the antelope mare. The isolation and all that came with it was one facet.  The other was an untainted sense of trust and wonder. Some might read this as simply naivete but that wasn’t it, entirely. There was a purity in the girl that was still untouched by the greed and darkness of others.  So while her life had in no way been easy, the girl was just as resilient as the sunbaked flora of the savanna. 

Her attention is disrupted by a sound, and Reem snaps her antlered head to attention - her soft blue eyes falling upon the stranger who’d all but snuck up on her as she was blissfully unaware of her surroundings. 

“Oh hello!” she said with a carefree laugh, fully aware of how silly she must seem.  Her gaze returns to the flowers, “Aren’t they beautiful! I don’t think I’ve ever seen this color pink before today.”

Her soft blue eyes flick back to the stranger. “I’m Reem,” she trilled, happily, “Who are you?”

image credit

@[abysm]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: distance makes the heart grow fonder - anyone - by Reem - 06-12-2019, 08:19 PM