• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  let me crawl inside your veins, litotes

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She has avoided Pangea, and him, since she was last here.

Other than the brief glimpse of him in the war-torn shadows and smoke of Tephra, she has not seen him, and she has not dared to consider seeking him out. She was not ignorant to the strange emotions that had been stirred to the surface last time, but she has chosen to bury them. And bury them she did. She buried them beneath the worry for Ophanim’s injuries, she buried them beneath the distraction of raising her son, and she buried them beneath the brewing disagreement between Loess and Sylva. It was ridiculous to even think on it, and thankfully, she was well versed in the art of suppressing anything that ventured beyond surface-lust or mere entertainment purposes. She would stay away, until whatever she had dared to begin to feel faded away.

And so when she enters Pangea, her face is already one of carefully crafted detachment. The surface of her cobalt-blue eyes remain cool and still, hardly bothering to glance at her surroundings. She is not entirely sure what has driven her here, today in particular. She just knows that she has been quiet for far too long. When she had awoken this morning there had been that familiar feeling of unrest; something that she had not felt in a long while. She had ignored it most of the day, ignored the way it settled like lead in her gut. It simmered just beneath the surface, threatening to boil over the brim, until she decided she could not deny her need to get out of Loess any longer.

Darkness had not quite fallen, and the constellations that decorated her sides glowed dimly in the fading light. She does not call for him, and does not actively look for him. There is something eerily hushed in the way that she slips through the flickering light and stretching shadows, and when her gaze finally does settle on his familiar face, it is only a clandestine smile that flirts across the curve of her silver mouth. “Litotes,” is all she says to him, the gap between them continuing to shrink, although she offers nothing else beyond his name.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    let me crawl inside your veins, litotes - by Starsin - 06-16-2019, 06:02 PM