• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  let me crawl inside your veins, litotes

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

To say that she has always known they would eventually be in this position, in this spot, in this moment, would mean admitting to something she wasn’t ready to admit. She loved Ophanim more than she could ever love anyone or anything, but Litotes had worked his way under her skin from the first time they had met. He had sparked something in her that she had not been expecting, and it made her usual cons and tricks nearly useless. He saw through her guise, beyond her frigid exterior and seemingly into the core of her. There was something so inexplicably easy in knowing that she didn’t have to pretend to be anything other than what she was with him; he didn’t chastise her for her mean streak, he didn’t find her fake when she was kind. It had made their friendship both incredibly effortless, and simultaneously impossible. Impossible to not want to see what was there, if she were to just take it a small step further.

That small step, but it was more like stumbling off a ledge.

When he touches her back, when his mouth caresses against her star-studded skin and along the arch of her neck, it’s all that it takes to send her over. The rush of his thoughts – want and lust and the twisted, tangle of everything else – combined with the intense desire that his touch elicits causes a shudder to travel the length of her spine, and her lips find his shoulder. Somewhere in the back of her mind she thinks of Ophanim, and how sleeping with someone else will not make up for all the times he has done the same, that it will not make his other children disappear, and it will not make her feel any less betrayed. But the back of her mind is cloaked in shadow, and when she caves into her own selfish wants, there is nothing but her and Lie tonight.

Her dark blue eyes close at the sound of his voice in her ear, and any arrogant remark that she would have normally made completely dies before it ever has the chance to be a coherent thought. She can tell herself over and over that this is part of the game; she can carve it across her heart until she falsely believes it, but she knows – they both know – that it would be a lie. She knows that there is nothing that she can say in response, and so she says nothing, but instead just leans into him when his mouth trails down her face. When she tilts her head, just barely, it is only so her lips can caress the silver snowflakes that lace the side of his mouth, and when she breaks contact for just a moment she whispers, “We only have tonight.” Not a threat, and not a warning, but rather an understanding between the two of them that this was the only chance they would ever get.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[litotes] umm idk if this needs a mature tag, so, let me know when you write your reply lmao

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me crawl inside your veins, litotes - by Starsin - 07-04-2019, 03:25 AM