• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't let those butterflies out - any

ALL THE DOUBT YOU'RE STANDING IN BETWEEN

Wolfbane couldn’t think of failures anymore. Or he really thought of them less as failures and more as ‘learning curves’. Hindsight opportunities that helped him to make decisions here and now so that he could shape a different future for himself. He can remember each twist and turn that led him to this life, the same way he remembers each correct turn along the path they’re walking down. Each time he made a terrible decision it turned him in a new direction, and each time he’d walked the path home again he’d made a mistaken left or right. Then again he always eventually got back on track.

These days he can journey on foot and probably close his eyes, and these days he can see the right option when faced with a difficult choice.

If one was persistent and strong-willed, every failure would turn itself into some sort of success. He believes this of himself and he believes it lives in Lilliana too, or else he wouldn’t be leading her past the low edges of the meadow and down to the sloping bank of the River. “The Golden Child? Me? Nahh.” He laughs back just as easily, though in a much deeper tone. The sandy river soil felt good under his joints the closer he got to bubbling water. “I was supposed to be,” He shrugged, not really sure how truthful that statement was, “but my father and I always butted heads.”

He sighed ruefully and shook his cresty, exposed mane as if laughing at something that might’ve once bothered him. Bygones are history though, and like the water he sank knee-deep into, quickly passing through fingers that tried to grasp it. “And I was not born in Taiga.” He grinned back at the chestnut mare.

He waited a few moments for the initial splash of water to become normal, continued to forge the low waters as steadily as he could manage, and then raised his voice before continuing, “I was born in a place called Tephra, which still exists. There’s an active volcano there.” He explained in case she ever wanted to ask other horses about it. “My dad was a guard there… sort of. Seems like forever ago now. He and my mother have long since died.” Wolfbane explained as he neared the opposite shore.

He said it in a way that seemed factual, not sad or forlorn. His parents death was something he’d come to terms with long ago. They were happy wherever their souls resided, he was sure of it. And he was sure they were together in that place as well. “What about you, 'black sheep'?” He prodded Lilliana gently with a smile. Bane had come to a complete stop in the water, dug himself in and was waiting for the slender female to walk past him up the shore so she could make her way safely.

He’d follow afterwards and make sure she wouldn’t slip. There’s even a moment when he stretches his neck and reaches his nose towards her shoulder, imagining the sensation of her copper skin gliding underneath his lips while he helped her along... but he stops himself short. Instead Wolfbane pulls himself together and withdraws, back to watching her with curious hazel eyes. “Where’d you come from, and how did you end up here?”

WITH WOUNDS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS SEEN

WOLFBANE

@[lilliana]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    don't let those butterflies out - by lilliana - 07-04-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: don't let those butterflies out - any - by Wolfbane - 07-24-2019, 08:23 PM