• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh, my siren won't you call; any
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean has never thought of his gift as anything but magical. He was so detached from the idea of cruelty that the idea his gift could be perceived as a threat had never occurred to him; in much the same manner, he had never once thought that his gift could do harm. What danger was there in illusions? So, even now, when faced with the brunt of consequences of his actions, he does not piece it together.

Instead he blinks slow, his smile a flirty thing around his velvet mouth.

As the child stumbles into him, his brow rises just slightly and his expressions takes on something of mild amusement, but he doesn’t move away. Instead he just stands quietly, angling his head in thought as she begins to spout what feels like nonsense. Luckily, Aegean has always taken great delight in nonsensical things and he laughs, low and throaty. “I am not very funny,” he admits, not quite understanding why she would think that he is. “I could show you things or tell you of the stars, but jokes are not my niche.”

It is then that the duo is joined first by the bird, then the golden stallion, and then mother and so duo. He watches as they interact, taking no offense when the last stallion to join separates himself from the young girl. Shaking his head and remembering Aten’s words, he brings his attention back to the stallion. “Oh, I wasn’t aware that vocal calls were the preferred method of communication. There are so many ways to communicate nowadays, are there not?” He smile doesn’t waiver and if his ignorance is surprising given his raising and heritage, he doesn’t think on it. “I will make sure to remember that next time.”

Aten goes on to question him and if Aegean is distracted by Lethy checking on the child, it is only for a moment. He nods at her introduction and then addresses them all. “Yes, I was just letting Popinjay know,” he smiles at her again, that youthful glint in his eye before continuing. “My name is Aegean and I do indeed come from Hyaline. She has asked me to simply visit and see how Taiga fares.”

There was more to the visit, he thinks, but he has long forgotten the purpose.

Especially when faced with such an intriguing and unexpected greeting as he has elicited.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Popinjay]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 05:49 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-06-2019, 12:09 AM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Owin - 08-07-2019, 03:04 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-08-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-10-2019, 01:26 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by aegean - 08-15-2019, 04:20 PM
    RE: oh, my siren won't you call; any - by Aten - 08-19-2019, 12:25 AM