• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

His voice is no longer quite so boyish and immature. There are depths of understanding and realization in addition to the baritone that’s creeping its way through his tone to signify – and further confirm – that they are no longer foals. A sharpened smile brightens her pretty face as she shakes off the pines and leaves to confront him in the same playful and confident manner that she always has. Reia lurches forward and leaps into the air, landing with her wings unfurled for both display and balance. The blue fire along her crest crackles as she alights nearly nose-to-nose with him. Her vibrant eyes lock onto his, beaming at him with fascination and exuberance. It has been far too long since they last saw each other and although it’s nearly obvious that the sense of missing isn’t entirely mutual, she doesn’t take pause or turn away.

Instead, her wings slowly curl back to her sides – calculated, deliberate. Her gaze doesn’t stray from his, caressing him even with a mischievous gleam.

One breath, two breaths.

Her mouth opens to respond, but then she lunges forward and gently nips him on the left side of his neck before dancing away with a flick of her tail. ”Stop with the formalities, Pteron,” her voice hardens beneath the spotlight of what she was born into. With a single, half-hearted chuckle, she peers back over her shoulder at him. ”You know I’m not a dainty little princess,” the title never suited her. She is unpredictability and havoc. She is not a gem or treasured piece of diamond like Cyprin.

Where her aunt possesses an air of elegance and charm, Reia is feral and roguish.

Whipping around quickly, Reia finds herself quickly in front of Pteron with narrowed eyes. ”A lizard?” Her lip stiffens in a hard line but with the lapse of a few seconds, her face softens into thoughtfulness, then amusement. They are still young, still eligible to be reckless, fun, and playful, even as he tries to stand upright and offer business-like formality. A coy smile blossoms as the flames of her tail hiss with a flicking movement. ”Are you saying I’m prettier now, Pteron?” Whether it’s true or not, she has no shame embarrassing him if the opportunity arises. ”I’m so flattered, even if you do remind me of a bird,” she tilts her chin toward his feathery wings, blinking slowly as she focuses again on his face. ”I didn’t expect to be courted and complimented so soon in our reunion,” she teases before reaching to bump his nose, inwardly wanting to feel his warmth again.

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

You thought I was joking about reuniting them probably lol

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Pteron; - by Reia - 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-03-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 08-12-2019, 02:05 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-15-2019, 07:38 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 08-16-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-19-2019, 10:43 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 09-13-2019, 03:46 PM