• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the joy of fire and pain

"It depends." I respond to Vix. "They do get hotter when I am angry."

I haven't figured out a way to keep that from happening. It takes enough mental energy to keep them from bursting out from my body and attacking the nearest object that I don't worry about the strength of the heat, just the reach. I also don't want anyone to know the extent of my control over the flamelings.

My lips quirk into a grin. I remember being this exuberant. I wanted to know everything, whether it was good for me or not.

"I have a feeling no one will easily stab you in the back, long name or no."

Our conversation is interrupted by the arrival of a patched mare. I know her by description, although not by acquaintance. Straia.
    Her pride in her home is apparent as she corrects Vix, something I will never understand. Despite the steady heartbeat beneath our hooves, the Chamber is simply land, and I don't want a land to consume me like the Valley does my mother. One patch of grass is nearly as good as another.

I grin at her request, amused. "I won't burn the trees."

I dip my head slightly, in acknowledgement of her rank, but her words go unanswered as another arrives. This one smells of Straia and based on his age, I guess he is her son. He carries the scent of ash and smoke with him and I look him over with interest. The flames lick the air, also curious, but I push them down before they can blaze closer. A few sparks landing near my hooves tell me that the flames are unhappy.

"Hello Erebor. I was just about to tell Straia that I am looking for something to do. I find myself with free time and flames itching to be active. The Chamber seemed a place that might have opportunities."

Messages In This Thread
    the joy of fire and pain - by Kushiel - 08-09-2015, 10:33 PM
    RE: the joy of fire and pain - by Vercingetorix - 08-10-2015, 07:27 AM
    the joy of fire and pain - by Kushiel - 08-10-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: the joy of fire and pain - by Vercingetorix - 08-13-2015, 08:33 AM
    RE: the joy of fire and pain - by Straia - 08-14-2015, 09:53 AM
    RE: the joy of fire and pain - by Erebor - 08-14-2015, 10:15 AM
    RE: the joy of fire and pain - by Kushiel - 08-16-2015, 10:40 AM