• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a dangerous game love; litotes

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Ask him how it is that he ended up here. Go ahead. Ask him. Litotes does not have a goddamn idea; or he does know, and he tells himself he does not because the reality is too much to face right now. What sits before him is a faultline, one that gapes and groans and separates the lovers by fear and force. He can jump that length, if he truly wants to, but the choking honesty is that he does not. He wants Kensa to remain opposite of him. He wants her to suffer for her secrets.

Rage tightens his muscles and shapes equine teeth into predatory ones. There is so much anger that the cremello can barely keep his skin under control (the madness of when he first discovered shifting feverishly beckons him). Shadows swirl as his lips curl to reveal those teeth that could tear flesh from bone in a mere second. How dare she not want to hurt him? How dare she not want to fight? Lie sees her lack of fury and does not understand (cannot understand); and now he wonders what does make his wife angry? And does he really know her at all?

There was a time when the King would have bent the knee to Kensa. He almost wishes that level of servitude would return. It is much simpler than ripping a several years long love out by the roots.

Litotes hears everything Kensa says, but his mind is already made up. The only murmur that draws him from his seclusion is the one that warns him she will not stay away.

He laughs.

It is an ugly, cold, cutting noise. It catches on the back of his throat and nearly sounds like a choke. “Did you really think I thought you would stay away?” His voice is a growl, eyes low and ears pinned back. “Do you really think, at this point, that I am worried about you fucking Starsin? I don’t give a fuck, Kensa - and I never will again.” The pain, the fury, the strangling knowledge that he is terribly overwhelmed: he explodes. “I am not some collectible to be added to your stash of ‘wants.’ You may want me, but I do not want you. Not anymore. Not like this. I don’t want someone that has no fucking self-control, even when they look the one they are hurting in the face and continue with their behavior. I don’t want you.” He stops, tears spilling down his cheeks even as his mouth gleams with all the weapons in the world.

Am I lying?

“And for the record, Kensa, I was the one that wanted you. And now I regret it.”

Doesn't matter.

He backs away, body morphing into a lion that leaps into the Pangean dirt. Lie turns tail and pads off, praying for his sake and Kensa’s that she does not follow.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-11-2019, 10:16 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-11-2019, 11:16 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 12:06 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 12:44 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 01:36 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 11:00 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 11:49 PM