• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; birthing, any

-Adria-

If there’d been doubt about her relationship with @[Eva] and how it was holding up before, now that doubt was washed clean away. Adria’s heart-daughter looked relieved to see her mother here, despite having just given birth to a colt that was now powering through the ocean waves as if they’d been made for him and not the other way around. Appearances being what they were, Eva confirmed that his arrival had been an easy enough ordeal so her mother Adria relaxed deeper into their embrace. She lifted, then wound her pink neck over her daughter’s withers before sighing and dropping her chin to observe Aeolus lazily.

“I agree that he is… different.” The elder mare hummed thoughtfully, “But I see no cause for concern. Not yet, anyways.” She reassured Eva tenderly, making as if to pull the girl closer to her chest the same, familiar way she’d comforted her always. Had Adria not given birth to Luath the season before this one, perhaps her reaction might’ve aligned more closely to her daughter’s. Aeolus seemed to react just like Luath had too: splashing and writhing in the waves.

Similar, yet somehow distinctly different.

“Was his father strange also?” Adria’s voice lowered now, remembering Brennen and the acute sense of mystery that managed to surround her first-time mate no matter where he decided to appear. If the same could be said about Aeolus’ origin, then perhaps that similarity might placate Eva’s tangled thoughts. For herself, Adria admitted to a bit of curiosity over the identity of Eva’s suitor. Just yesterday, the two had been discussing where foals even came from; now the proof of Eva’s maturity was diving right in front of Adria’s guarded eyes.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; birthing, any - by Adria - 08-18-2019, 05:16 PM