• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  truth hurts; needed something more exciting
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The young girl portrays all the expected emotions clearly; she startles when not an echo, but a stallion answers her call (and, of course, with his scales, changing eyes and draft build, he knows he can look impressive without trying, for such a young face - or even when trying not to) - followed by an indicative frown and her braving her prey instinct by pretending it wasn’t there at all. His eyes quickly change from blue to green, as he tries not to grin at her (pointy teeth and such); instead he nods at her actual greeting.

Before their interaction continues (in which he would probably have tried to keep a stern face and let her draw her own conclusions of how wrong she was to just waltz in here), the Hyaline Primarch appears. Much softer and motherly in appearance, Leilan figures that today is a day for ‘good cop bad cop’. He’d always liked ‘fun parent’ much better than being the corrective one, but such luxury is only available when the boundaries were already set. In case of the silvery girl, that didn’t seem to be the case.

The scaled roan gives Kensa a nod when the girl points to the forest; he’d already figured out that much but perhaps it’s good to see that the filly has a sense of direction. He muffles a laugh at the explanation that she came to maybe find a husband for her super-old-sister, and looks to the sabino mare with obvious amusement. ”Do you have one available?”

Taking the filly more seriously than the mare (or he appears to, anyway), he looks at the white figurine. ”Those are very important tasks, young lady. Do you think we should help you find recruits for your dad to train? I don’t think Hyaline is the place, but we could use a few of those ourselves. Maybe we can look together.” He lowers his head and tone in confidence. ”If your father won’t train you for a million years, perhaps you should train with us.” he winks then, and tilts his head back up as if pretending nothing happened.

Perhaps he's even recruiting her right now. But he sees no harm in that. The girl pretty much said her parents were looking to make an important match for their elder daughter; why not let the youngest live in another land to strengthen ties? And what better place to live in than Hyaline?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Kensa] @[Celina]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: truth hurts; needed something more exciting - by Leilan - 08-20-2019, 06:52 AM