• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    There's a bubble of pride in her chest at his admiring looks, the way he seems so pleased with her skills. There was such a difference in being told you were special by your parents, than by a horse you'd only just met. Especially when that horse was as charming as this one.

Her bronzy freckled nose wrinkled in disappointment when he said he didn't know her new friend, but it made sense. Aside from similar coloring, there was no reason to think they'd be linked. Winged horses were clearly not strange sights here. It was interesting, though, to hear that he was a stranger to the island. 

"To be perfectly honest, I'm something of a stranger here too. But my sister is the Dame here, and I think I might stay a while. Apparently, a young mare shouldn't spend all of her time alone at the bottom of the sea." She rolled her eyes slightly at the parental quote. "So here I am. Just in time to lure a likely stallion to his near drowning." The gold dappled girl laughed at her own joke, mane quivering like a palm frond. She liked this Pteron so far. He didn't seem to take himself too seriously. 

Looking back at the islandscape, she nodded in confirmation. "Aye, Ischia. Where my parents lived, and my siblings and I were all born. It just might be home." Her liquid purple eyes blinked at him curiously. "Is it as pretty from the air as it is from the land?" She asked, wondering what it must be like to view the world from above. She had an idea, it must be something like looking down at the reefs while she swam above. But the land had its own topography, and she was sure it must be lovely. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Aquaria - 08-23-2019, 08:55 AM