• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I keep running circles; Eyas

I HAVE THREE EYES

Eyas’ smile widened the moment Lethia mentioned her dam, Lepis. The way she spoke about her mother was surprisingly comforting. Personally she’d half expected the duo to be suspicious of her, possibly even standoffish, and she could understand why. “Guilty as charged, actually.” She hummed through a slender, sharp mouth. A sparkle flashed in her black eyes when they turned to peer at Owin. “I was probably the rowdiest of the triplets.”
    Time and circumstances, however, changed that.

Dipping her nose down to better hear the colt whisper, Eyas laughed and acknowledged his mother with an understanding shrug of her colorful wings. He’d read exactly what she’d been thinking just a moment before and now he was practically replying to the questions in her head. Personal boundaries could be difficult for mind readers; any sort of psionic-type in fact. They could peer past the veil others could not. She considered him quietly and said, “Like yours, but I use my eyes instead.” Then about Popinjay, “I would’ve loved to meet her! I’m sure she’s nice, even though she’s got ants in her tail.”

Ants in her tail, she thought. Something her sire would say if she couldn’t keep from fidgeting. Those days hadn’t seemed so far back as they did in this moment. Maybe Lethia was right and Eyas was much too grown? “I feel like it’s been forever since we first arrived.” She exhaled, tip-toeing closer towards the bush to lip at a few random leaves, “But I guess you can’t spend forever in one place, right Owin?”

Only if you’re immortal. She thought instinctively, knowing the horror of a few visions that spanned eons … one in particular that had only shadowed her mind a single time. That one left Eyas wondering if it had been the vision - the very first sight ever. She hoped she never found out. Some immortals could stay in one spot and just become a living statue.

TWO TO LOOK, AND ONE TO SEE

Eyas

@[Izora Lethia]

Messages In This Thread
    I keep running circles; Eyas - by Izora Lethia - 08-07-2019, 02:07 PM
    RE: I keep running circles; Eyas - by Eyas - 08-08-2019, 01:06 PM
    RE: I keep running circles; Eyas - by Eyas - 08-18-2019, 07:51 PM
    RE: I keep running circles; Eyas - by Eyas - 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM