• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Jesper;
    Aquamarine eyes steadily hold her yellow gaze. Jesper studies the twitches of her facial expression for any signs of an eruption. Regardless if her motivations for proposing this are mutual or, personal, he figures she will not like his answer. What is that saying about first impressions? They matter. His furry lobes catch her disappointed tone and her snort - one of defiance rather than defeat. Her shift back into her canine form sends a chill down Jesper's spine. His poll lifts his head and, every muscular fiber of his being coils in preparation for a quick call to duty. Her body language thus far only indicated a casual exchange; however, he closely watches her now that she faces him as a predator.

Sabrina opts not to attack him physically though, her words certainly intend to cut him. The arch above his eye lifts as she speaks of pursuing an alternative method. Her words justify his denial as, it remains clear to Jesper now that Sabrina only ever thinks of herself. He questions if she fully understands that Icicle Isle hardly offers her the power she seeks. At the end of the day, the Isle answers to Nerine. End of story.

The isle has been our home for too long, you suck, yadda yadda. Jesper hones in on the first half of her statement. What did she mean the Isle had been her home for too long? Any way you look at it, Jesper and Camomila had been here before Sabrina. Jesper arrived before leadership had been sorted out. To be honest, it had been quite a precarious situation with Set and Phaetra willing to fight it out. And, Camomila was already here when Jesper arrived. So, if Sabrina is using tenure to justify her actions, there is a serious fault in her reasoning.

Jesper also notes her use of our and we instead of "my" and "I". He wonders whom else she could mean. Certainly not Crevan? She spoke of followers, plural, earlier. To this, the black wonders if her mob will show up baring their fangs and, on the prowl to usurp him. As the hellhound turns and pads away, Jesper says nothing. He makes no effort to whisper comebacks under his breath or, shout after her. If she makes good on her threat, he will be ready. He had stood his ground once and, he would every time she challenged him. He certainly would not give her the advantage again. For now, the black stallion watches Sabrina move away. He vows not to turn his back on her so, why not enjoy her figure becoming smaller and smaller?

@[Sabrina], I had muse and I did not want to assume this thread is done. If it is finished, I look forward to future encounters =)

Messages In This Thread
    Jesper; - by Sabrina - 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: Jesper; - by Jesper - 09-09-2019, 09:08 PM
    RE: Jesper; - by Sabrina - 09-09-2019, 09:30 PM
    RE: Jesper; - by Jesper - 09-11-2019, 08:32 PM
    RE: Jesper; - by Sabrina - 09-11-2019, 09:45 PM
    RE: Jesper; - by Jesper - 09-15-2019, 07:10 AM
    RE: Jesper; - by Sabrina - 09-18-2019, 09:16 PM
    RE: Jesper; - by Jesper - 09-19-2019, 06:29 AM