• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  send me on my way

( i swore the days were over of courting empty dreams
    -----------------------------------------------i worshipped at the altar of losing everything )

It has occurred to him that maybe he should go back to where he came from.
    He thinks he will when he’s regained what he lost of his energy in swimming here in the first place.
    His interaction with the healer had eradicated the ache from his muscles, but he knows that journey is more a matter of heart than anything else.
    He has seen his mother, wept at her feet, delivered the news that their beloved Keiran is gone.
    He has learned that his home is no longer his home and he supposes this is good enough.
    There is nothing left for him here.

For now, he lingers. He loiters here in the meadow because it is the only thing that remains unchanged. He knows absolutely every inch of this place, despite the years and the miles that have separated him from it. He stubbornly refuses to think about why – refuses to succumb to the gravity of the memories he has of his daughter and the time they spent here – and instead focuses on the fact that there is some comfort to be found in the familiarity of it.

There is some distant flicker of recognition that coils around the soft edges of his mind when he sees her. She is not immediately familiar in a way that suggests they ever really knew each other. She is familiar in the way that those who visit you in your dreams are familiar – he knows her but he doesn’t know how.

He ventures closer without much hesitation, stations himself to her left, studies the lines of her face. “You’re familiar,” he muses, “but I don’t know why.

He is quiet for the space of a breath before he adds, “my name is Kensley.

( but you had a halo made of diamonds resting on your head----------------------------
    i should be dealing with my demons but i'm dodging them instead )

Messages In This Thread
    send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-20-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 10-21-2019, 02:07 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-23-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 10-24-2019, 02:14 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-26-2019, 04:03 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-04-2019, 02:00 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 02:29 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-05-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-06-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-21-2019, 09:11 AM