• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  send me on my way

( i swore the days were over of courting empty dreams
    ------------------------------------------i worshipped at the altar of losing everything )

A ghost.
    Is that what he is?
    He knows that she does not mean it literally, but even as she says it he can feel the edges of himself soften. He glances down at his legs, as if to check that they are still there. He expects to be able to see straight through them. But they are solid still, much to his dismay.

He quirks a tired grin that lacks in warmth and substance and never quite reaches his eyes. He drags in a shuddering breath and nods. “Yes, I suppose I am,” he murmurs. He swallows thickly and tries not to think about all of the things he has lost in this, too. He stubbornly refuses to think about Kennice in particular or what terrible fate might have befallen her at the hands of Cronus.

The name does not sound familiar but there are so many things he does not remember. He nods, commits it to memory. Perhaps it’ll be useful someday. He exhales a breath of laughter that comes out sounding more like a sigh. In fact, you’d be hard-pressed to identify it as laughter at all if not for the slanted smile that accompanies it. “It’s nice to meet you, too,” he says, quite certain for some reason that this is the first time they have ever met despite the flicker of recognition he’d felt when he’d first laid eyes on her.

My mother lived in the Gates, I think,” he muses, the gaze narrowed almost imperceptibly in thought as he tries desperately to draw the memory to the forefront of his mind. “My father, too, though very briefly. He lived primarily in the Tundra,” and everywhere else, too, he thinks bitterly but does not say. “I called the Chamber home, but I never really belonged there.” He did not belong there and he had absolutely no right to love their queen. He swallows thickly and stifles this memory, too.

( but you had a halo made of diamonds resting on your head----------------------------
    i should be dealing with my demons but i'm dodging them instead )

Messages In This Thread
    send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-20-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 10-21-2019, 02:07 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-23-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 10-24-2019, 02:14 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-26-2019, 04:03 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-04-2019, 02:00 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 02:29 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-05-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-06-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-21-2019, 09:11 AM