• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  send me on my way

Although Agetta has certainly experienced her own form of sadness about returning, she does not feel better knowing that Kensley is experiencing it as well. There is no real way to sooth this hurt. Being in the company of someone else who had been here before, who had lost things as she has, is a bit of a balm but it does not change anything. It simply means there is more than one soul who knows exactly how it feels to return to what you think is going to be a home, only to find that time has moved on without you in so many different ways.

He mentions that it was probably naïve to expect nothing to change and she sighs quietly, as she nods. “I suppose you're right.” She smiles sadly at him, wishing that she could ease his adjustment in this new Beqanna. But she did not know what he had come back expecting, she assumes he is talking about the land changing but it could also be a family he had been hoping to return to – or a love. She has no power to help him – she can’t even help make things easier for herself.

Still, she has hope.

She has to, or she would fall apart where she stands.

“I’ve been told by my friend that it will get easier to adjust after coming back. I hope she was right, for both our sakes.”

headshot by Leah! <3

@[kensley]

Messages In This Thread
    send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-20-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 10-21-2019, 02:07 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-23-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 10-24-2019, 02:14 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 10-26-2019, 04:03 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-04-2019, 02:00 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 02:29 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by kensley - 11-05-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: send me on my way - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM