• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost in the deep end // Lilli
    It was wonderful to hear the lightening of her tone as they spoke, the way she radiated love for the ones she was close to. He smiled, then chuckled, as the gentle mare described her relations. Heathens, she called them, a term of endearment on her tongue. 

They had not interacted much since the falling of winter on the land. Yet in the space of a brief greeting he was reminded why he had trusted her to bring him here. If she had been accused of over indulgence, it must be in testament to the heart that seemed to swell within her. For a moment he thought that she would laugh, and in that moment he realized he very badly wanted to know that sound. 

The moment vanished though, the joy swallowed back. He was only left to wonder why for a moment, when her next words fell like stones at his feet. A frown creased his brow beneath the thick tangles of his forelock. 

"Ah, Lilli..." He started, feeling a twinge of guilt at the regret in her voice. He should have cleaned up before seeking her out, made finall himself some kind of presentable. It had not been his intention to put the weight of his existence on her shoulders. "I made it through alright, don't you worry. Nothing a bit of good grass can't help. Only had one close call, and the fella ended up being more interested in harassing the next one who came along than running me off." He grinned half heartedly, knowing there had been more to that encounter than likely even he knew. 

He had not touched her, not once since they'd met, but he longed to brush the worry from her mind. Instead he smiled with more warmth, and tossed his head gallantly. "I won't lie though; I wish you'd come to talk to me sooner too. Warm conversation goes a long way to soften the cold." Antares sank beneath the horizon in the winter months, hanging in the skies on the other side of the world for a few months. Conversation, warm or otherwise, was the one thing he found himself missing most when winter reared its brittle head. 

He blinked at the confirmation that there was indeed ocean nearby. It touched everything, it seemed. In a way it was comforting to know that the water was never really gone. It was his connection to home and family no matter how far the night touched stallion wandered. Always, he would have salt water and stardust in his veins. 

"I'd like that quite a bit." He agreed, pleased at the prospect. Not much a swimmer, that stallion still enjoyed spending time where the waves made an audible heartbeat for the world. It was easy to feel connected in such places, especially when one spent so much time alone. "Are you busy today? Or would there be a better time to spend a few hours showing a blind man the sights?" He asked, wincing at the awful joke. 

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 11-19-2019, 08:46 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 11-21-2019, 08:07 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 11-22-2019, 05:03 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 11-29-2019, 11:53 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 12-03-2019, 07:00 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 12-05-2019, 10:06 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 12-09-2019, 04:23 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 12-14-2019, 08:57 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 12-19-2019, 06:04 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 01-05-2020, 08:53 PM