• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With my speechless calm eyes - Mandatory diplomacy meeting
    With my speechless calm eyes,
    nothing is coming to rise.

A lot of things had happened since he had first come to the Tundra. Although it wasn’t really the right thing to say that he came to the Tundra, no, he was lead towards it. It had been Hurricane who had brought him here and that really had been one of the best things that had ever happened to him in life. Another was meeting Roan, who he dearly loved and devoted himself to. After his slip up with Anahera and Henson’s birth he had sworn to never think about any other mare like that. He had been sucked into another world too, forced into another form twice and he had been given temporary sight. It had been a djinn that eventually had given him his sight.

And things didn’t stop there. With his sight restored, after living a part of his life blind, Brynmor had only become more eager to contribute to the Tundra. He lived his life for two things, his family and the Tundra, and thus far it had paid off. He had been active, even before Offspring had taken over the reign from Hurricane, but now he had achieved that what he had never thought that would happen. Not only did Brynmor carry the title of the Tundra’s lord, he now too was her governor. Honestly, he still wasn’t sure if he had what it took, but once again the graying male would give it his all. Just like he had always done.

He calls them together, all the Tundra’s diplomats. He knew a few of them. He had seen Maribel grow up and he had also been the one who had first approached Thanata and G’ren when they had come to the Tundra to seek refuge. Although he was still getting used to the idea that mares now served their ranks too, he was glad that both of them had found the courage to contribute to the Tundra in this way. But there were also a few that he hadn’t met at all, and with his new rank as governor he should know all those that persuaded a career in the diplomacy caste.

He watches them as they gather, offering them all a smile as he studies their faces. He indeed wasn’t that much of a stallion, especially compared to Offspring, but he had never felt bothered by it. ”For those that don’t know me, I’m Brynmor. I asked all of you to come here to get to know you, as there have been a lot of new faces in the Tundra lately.” He pauses, not wanting to press too much information on them at once. That wouldn’t do any good and it wasn’t like they were in a hurry or anything.

”Other than that I want to express the importance of recruiting, our numbers have grown rapidly, but we always need more valuable members. Also, try stealing from other kingdoms, practise your skills in mock debates. But keep in mind who our allies are and weight your options carefully.” He feels somewhat awkward, not used to speak like this to others. Brynmor is serious in his role and he wants to do it in the right way, but at the same time he doesn’t want to be like a teacher that lectures his students, because they aren’t, or at least, not all of them.

BRYNMOR

This is a mandatory diplomacy meeting, for all those in the diplomacy caste, but also those who are casteless and are willing to join the caste are welcome to reply Smile

Messages In This Thread
    With my speechless calm eyes - Mandatory diplomacy meeting - by Brynmor - 08-08-2016, 01:32 PM