• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm burning but my heart is on the wire; Gunsynd
    She’s really not sure what to do with herself any more. 

She’d loved her place in the Jungle. As a simple resident, she’d had no responsibilities. She’d spent her days wandering the Jungle, occasionally testing out her abilities when the mood struck her. Life had been simple and easy.

Then her sister had become queen.

And now Lexa suddenly expects her to do things.

The silver tipped mare grumbles to herself as she flounces into the meadow, throwing a quick glance over her shoulder to make sure that her sister hasn’t decided to follow her. She wouldn’t put it past the spotted mare, what with how nosy she’s been lately. Always popping up with Larken least expects it, and urging her to do something for the kingdom. Ugh.

It’s not that she doesn’t like the Amazons. She loves the kingdom, she was born there, and has lived in it for her entire life. It’s just … it’s hard following in her mother and sister’s footsteps. No matter what she does, she will always be compared to them. And she - with her quick temper, often foul mouth, and tenuous grasp on her weather abilities - will never measure up. So what’s the point in even trying?

A sigh escapes her as she turns for the lake on the meadow’s northern edge. When she reaches the shore, she takes a few steps forward into the water, enjoying the cool touch of the water on her ankles. She needs to do something soon … but she has no idea what. She just hopes it won’t involve leaving the Jungle behind.
    Larken
    i'm burning but     my heart is on the wire
    dont need a thousand guards to lock me in
    doesn't take a fool to start a fire
    solitary spark and wars begin

@[Gunsynd]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm burning but my heart is on the wire; Gunsynd - by Larken - 08-13-2016, 10:34 PM