• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Paper crowns on wooden heads; LIL
    i pretend to close my eyes;
    i pretend i'm burning bright.
    I was not super impressed with the Tundra at first. It is cold, and in the spring it is squishy and wet and I still do not like wet. But there are places to go that are less squishy, and when I’m cold I just make sparks and little bitty fires that keep me cozy and fend off the chill. Plus, I’ve got Romek. He said I could call him Dad, but I like his name. It’s the first one I ever heard, after all, and the first one I said too. So when I see him wandering through the snow all alone, it’s not the word dad that I shout to draw his attention as I grin and bound toward him. Or at least not just, anyhow.

“Daddy Romek!”

I cuddle up against him the second I reach his side, closing my gold eyes and rubbing my face against his shoulder. “Guess what I did today!” I exclaim, bouncing back a step so I can look up at him, all wiggly with excitement. “I explored a new cave, and I played chase with a deer--though I don’t know if the deer knew how to play chase, because when I caught it and ran away it didn’t chase me back. Silly deer. Maybe deer have different games? I’unno, anyhow, I tried to play chase with a deer, and then? Oh, um, then I...didn’t start a fire! Or, didn’t start a big one, anyhow. Snow’s a handy thing, huh? It may be cold and yucky, but it’s good at keeping fire from getting biiiig. Which I guess is a good thing, even if big fires are pretty. And fun.”

Ooh. A big fire would be nice, though. “Ummmm, so is there maybe somewhere that it is okay to make big fires? Just...just out of curiosity, of course.” I smile really big and blink, all innocence and charm. Really. “Or! Or to practice, that’s a good reason, right? Yeah, to practice, because it’s safer if I have better control, right? Good, yes, that. Where’s good to practice with big fire? Oh also hi, I miss you, how are you?”

Messages In This Thread
    Paper crowns on wooden heads; LIL - by Romek - 08-22-2016, 10:51 AM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; LIL - by Lilitha - 08-26-2016, 01:35 PM
    RE: Paper crowns on wooden heads; LIL - by Romek - 08-29-2016, 04:00 PM