• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

zeik;
    If I Cannot Move Heaven

For every action, there is a reaction.

A darkness looms above him, as he watches silently, as three silhouettes dance on the horizon. A tenderness forms in the back of his throat, as his mind soaks in the truth: Felinae was right. He wasn't prepared..ready for the task of being king. He thought it would be a walking the park but, drama never ceases to come to a halt within a kingdom, and he was the center of it.

His cobalt eyes still fixed on those who had exiled themselves, he can't help but allow a deep exhale to be emitted. He failed miserably. His head lowers in a rather glum state as he runs down what had just happened, what he had done wrong. He had made Heavens a sanctuary specifically for the happiness of his own people, he did overhear Magnus and agreed that it was a marvelous plan. But he sparked tensions when he spoke of it. Future friendships were broken within an instant, as every single one of them sided with Magnus, that he had just spoke of the idea to gain power and approval from all of them. Then late himself he found a thought of disloyalty to be in his midsts, a foolish thought at that. He lost not just one warrior but, his guardian and advisor. Two equine that were important to him, even though Magnus did little counseling.

As his thoughts wander, retracing his mistakes during his reign as if it were an infinite amount of dots to connect, each line ending in a mistake or consequence for his choices. Each and every one of them was led with foolishness that clouded his decisions. As he traces each mistake, Zeik barely notices he's in the company of another. His eyes are drawn to the bay mare. Why had she stayed? Shouldn't she be following the footsteps of her comrades? She asks of what happened so he answers in a truthful tone, "I failed." His ebony tail stirs at his hocks. The women before him questions why they left, he remains silent for a moment. He had a clean slate with this mare and he could take advantage of that but something inside him longed for the truth. Enough of these lies that he had promised his kingdom, now it would only be the truth. "I made a decision, a foolish on at that, to exile Ellyse. Not considering the factor of a sanctuary, that no one can be pushed away from the refuge that is Heavens Gates. They disagreed and left with her." This mare had a reason to leave if she wished, and he wouldn't stop her.

His ashen lobes swivel in her direction, "I'm Zeik." He adds on. He'd rather not be called anything else than his own name, king doesn't suit him nor is even meant for him. He is the king of nothing, and it should remain like that. Everyone within Heavens deserves someone much better than him, they deserve someone like Magnus, Ellyse or Sahm. Someone with history within the kingdom something that all three of the rulers including himself had undermined.

I Will Raise Hell

I'm sorry this took so long!
    @[Cerva]

Messages In This Thread
    zeik; - by Cerva - 08-24-2016, 10:21 AM
    RE: zeik; - by Z e i k - 08-29-2016, 10:03 AM
    RE: zeik; - by Cerva - 08-29-2016, 01:39 PM