• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm on the wrong side of heaven; any, erebor

We are at war. There will be scars.

The boy has been busy.

In his father's absence he has busied himself with learning how to be a diplomat. He's trained himself, watched many others, and now he's been unleashed on the world, volunteering to visit every kingdom he can possibly reach. He hasn't been neglecting his military practice either; his father had taught him basic maneuvers, things to practice and to learn, ways to build up his strength. And like the good little soldier he is, Erebor has practiced them flawlessly. He's becoming quite skilled in the arts of war, strong and stout in all the best ways – and handsome, too.

He is almost surprised to smell his father so strongly. He knows that Warship is busy, understands that the man has a lot that he is doing, and so he doesn't judge his absences. But he is glad to have him returned; he hopes for more exercises, more things that he can learn. He doesn't feel any kind of childish attachment; no, his impressions are entirely adult, incongruous for a boy so young.

He traces his father's scent almost immediately, surprised when his mother's mingles with it, his mother's and another stranger's. The boy hesitates for a moment, unsure whether he's meant to be witnessing whatever the three are discussing or whether he should be moving along, but he decides to go forward. If he shouldn't be there, his mother and father will be quick to dismiss him.

On the borders of the pine forest, he hears their voices, and stepping out he sees the three of them gathered. He doesn't recognize the scent of the mare, doesn't recognize anything about her – she doesn’t seem to be of Beqanna, which is supported by the fact that even she doesn't seem to know where she is or how she's gotten there.

He joins the group as his father is speaking, talking of mountain lions and wolves and death and politeness. In contrast to Straia's easy grace, Erebor has an unconsciously military bearing, as though he's a cadet who has just stepped off base. It's not a bearing of fear, because he fears very little. Rather, he simply holds himself that way because he is always on duty, always in service to the Chamber. "Father, Mother." he greets the two of them first, before turning his attention to the newcomer with a faint smile. She is tall, black like him and his father. "I'm Erebor. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm sure we're all curious to know your name."

Will his father notice how much more charming he's become, how much more diplomatic? Of course he doesn't think of it in terms of impressing either of his parents – that's not really how he works – but it's been so long since his father has seen him talk with other horses.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm on the wrong side of heaven; any, erebor - by Sterbefall - 05-06-2015, 11:49 PM
    RE: i'm on the wrong side of heaven; any, erebor - by Erebor - 05-19-2015, 12:39 AM