• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

over and over [Maribel]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?

Reagan breathed, a sense of relief that in places like this, the odious potato could not grow. It was too cold, and the rootbed too thick to allow such a root vegetable. The area was plentiful with other, more palatable forms of vegetation, and as Reagan viewed Maribel, and then swung her vision back to the two girls playing with the butterflies, she smiled, a quiet voice accompanying the precious moments that would prove to be too far infrequent for a mother’s liking. “Children, of late, have that effect on me too, it seems. I seem to have picked up a straggler in the Meadow who was without her mother, both biological and adoptive. She’s an adorable ragamuffin with a penchant for fire. She does not know it, but she is the daughter of a very powerful pyrokinetic. The trees tell me he is the leader of the new volcano land that has been established to the east of here.”

Reagan’s ears flicked, looking for any sense of recognition in Mari’s eyes to see her reaction to mentioning her adopted father offhandedly. The pewter lady had not met the man, but there was no secret that this was a splinter group from the very heart of he who owned the volcano and its fire—and Reagan intended to find out the cause of this. Jinju’s safety was of paramount importance and she would not allow her small family—Reagan, Ruan and Jinju—to come to harm should there present problems. However, her love for Maribel and her daughters kept her quiet, and her face open, ready and willing to accept her friendship, and a dear sense of protection within the tiger’s woods.

“As for how we have settled thus far, it has been far easier to establish a new home than I ever thought it would be. Simply having something more than nothing, makes one grateful for their circumstances.”

Messages In This Thread
    over and over [Maribel] - by Reagan - 09-07-2016, 04:17 PM
    RE: over and over [Maribel] - by Maribel - 09-07-2016, 05:34 PM
    RE: over and over [Maribel] - by Reagan - 09-08-2016, 11:48 AM
    RE: over and over [Maribel] - by Maribel - 09-09-2016, 10:21 PM
    RE: over and over [Maribel] - by Reagan - 09-10-2016, 05:37 AM