• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Waves of Change { MANDATORY/ALL }
    She had watched them pass by, the small herd of mares. It is not hard to guess who they are. There is one whose flinty eyes look sharp enough to have inflicted the same scars on her own hide on others, and another whose slinking gait reminds her of the yellow-eyed jungle cats.

They are clearly what is left of the infamous sisterhood - Amazons without a jungle.

Have the other kingdoms done this, she wonders? Had they banded together with those they knew best, reformed the same kingdoms that Beqanna herself had destroyed? Perhaps they're not quite the same, Djinni thinks, now that only the bonds between friends and family remain. The lands are gone, but the relationships are not.

Djinni follows them because she has no place else to go.

When she sees the dolphins silhouetted against the setting sun, she feels an ache of longing so deep that her knees nearly crumple beneath her. What would she not give to be with them, to feel the slick tug of the water against her fins, to flip through the air with the same ease with which she flicks away flies with her tail?

Nothing, is the answer. There is nothing she would not give. And how fitting, given that nothing is all that she has.

Her family is gone. Her friends are gone. Her magic is gone. She has nothing.

Djinni looks down at the mares gathered by the seaside, wondering if they feel as bereft as she does, as lost as she does. No, she decides, they at least have each other.

Perhaps they'll have her as well.

She moves up between them, as small and slender as a deer, her mousy grey hide unmarred by scars. The sea wind blows her mane about, making it look black and white-blond in turns, and she looks from one female face to the next, wondering what it is that has brought them all here. Firm leadership, she thinks, looking quietly at the black mare who so enthusiastically describes their land? Shared tragedy, she wonders, looking at the mare who is more scar than skin?

"I'm Djinni", she tells them and remains still. She doesn't stay beside Naga because she doesn't wish to choose a caste, she stands because she has no desire to move, not when she has a question to ask. "Will this place be a new start for you all? Or simply the Queendom? Will you call yourselves Amazons still, or is that name gone with the Jungle?"

Will I be an equal here? she does not ask. Will I forever be lesser for not having been with you before? Will I belong?
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    Waves of Change { MANDATORY/ALL } - by Naga - 09-16-2016, 04:29 PM
    RE: Waves of Change { MANDATORY/ALL } - by Djinni - 09-16-2016, 08:13 PM
    RE: Waves of Change { MANDATORY/ALL } - by Sunday - 09-19-2016, 04:38 AM
    RE: Waves of Change { MANDATORY/ALL } - by Adalyn - 09-19-2016, 07:42 PM
    RE: Waves of Change { MANDATORY/ALL } - by Nayl - 09-23-2016, 02:07 PM