• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Child with a warrior's heart [Lil]
    The girl hangs on my every word, quiet intensity the way she watches me while I tell her about myself and the home I can’t reach. And again, I feel the strange kinship between us, lost and alone so young. And when it’s her turn, I listen, nodding solemnly as she tells me of her mother, lost on the Mountain. “Safety would be a good idea, yeah. It’s hard being alone in the world, and I think it’s something you sort of luck into, you know? Or at least I did. I could have bumped into anyone after leaving my mom, but I bumped into Daddy Romek. And I couldn’t have asked for better.”

I pause, considering. I’m not really equipped to take care of a little girl, or rather to help her survive while she learns to take care of herself. But Daddy would be. And he and his lady just had the twins. Maybe his Mari could spare a little milk, or knows someone who can? And even if not, he managed with me just fine. “I’ve maybe got one tip, yeah,” I say casually, trying not to put too much pressure on the girl or make the idea sound like a big deal. “There’s loads of room in Taiga. And my daddy’s got a history of adopting little ones who could use some help. I can’t go there, but I can get you close. If you like, I’m sure he’d be happy to make a little room for you, or to find someone who could if for any reason he can’t.”
    Will you fight when it all burns down?

Messages In This Thread
    Child with a warrior's heart [Lil] - by Raeg'n - 09-17-2016, 06:27 PM
    RE: Child with a warrior's heart [Lil] - by Lilitha - 10-21-2016, 11:24 AM