• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    ”Yes,” her reply is exhaled with a disheartened sigh, ”I’ve always been a sister just as my mother, and grandmother, and so many before them. They were bound to the Jungle,” but their jungle has been devoured and in its place lies a coastline that they are now staring across. The thick forest has been replaced by palms and sand, their jaguars decimated and the wild parrots gone. She reflects on mother and how inconsistent she had been with the Amazons and so she only really mentions her grandmother in hopes of stirring some memory that she can clutch onto. ”Echion, my grandmother, was Queen a long time ago. Did you know of her?” It isn’t to boast her extended pedigree, but to have answers, to maybe see a glimpse of what the tribal queen had once been like and to find their shared qualities.

Unable to hold a steady gaze Nayl casts her autumn eyes back out across the waves and listens as they lap at the sand. It masks the approach of the stallion, but fortunately his scent found her first. The turn of her head is slow and thoughtful, her gaze sweeping across him curiously. ”Hello,” her voice is flat as she fathoms having a male here in their matriarchal society, ”I’m Nayl.” Hearing her own name somehow incites an inner strength and reminds her of what – who – she is. He, on the other hand, lacks a grasp on his identity. Curiously, she looks on with her eyes narrowed suspiciously. ”I don’t think we’ve met and yet I feel like I’ve seen you before or heard your name.” There are few stallions she has come into contact with. The frigidity of her heart always seems to steer her away from them. Mother was always distracted by the opposite sex; they ripped her loyalties to the Jungle in ways Nayl never wants to experience. So she avoids them as though they’re plagues to this world.

The sisterhood is all she has cared for, the only thing that keeps her heart beating in its cage. Despite who the Queen is, she will always be a sister.

”Lagertha,” she says the General’s name sternly though not unkindly, ”welcome to this party.” Their eyes meet and a fleeting grin stretches across her lips. ”Did you have a good nap?”

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-25-2016, 11:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 09-26-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-03-2016, 03:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Lagertha - 10-06-2016, 01:03 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 10-11-2016, 11:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM