• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

"I know you," her words cut into his mind and he shifts to keep her visible. "Or I've at least tried to run you through a while ago." His eyes narrowed warily, but he knew it was not a threat. He remembered her, and he'd seen exactly what her threats really looked like.

"Hello," the next greeted. Her gaze openly took in the sight of him, an oddity among the women she was more likely accustomed to. Even growing up in the Jungle, he had been only one of the few males living there. His childhood friend Quantum was the only other he could bring to mind. And by the time Ainlif had left the Amazon, starting his own family, he'd been Vichomeraki.

"I don't think we've met and yet I feel like I've seen you before or heard your name," she continued. She greeted Lagertha, then the other spoke up. His eyes slid to her as she spoke, "I am sorry, but no. I am Hybris though. It is nice to meet you." She seemed the softest of the lot of them, kindness in the polite way she fell silent at the General's approach. It pulled at him, tugging at the man he used to be that was now so buried he wasn't sure he could ever be him again.

"I suppose it has been a while," he said as though it explained their lack of recognition. His isolation after his mate and child died was likely the true reason, otherwise he'd still been an active figure in the Jungle as they entered it. "My mother was the General of the Amazons at one time. Asterix." It felt odd to recall his mother; childhood was such a long time ago. With the exception of Lagertha, he could probably have sired each of them.

He fell quiet, feeling out of place but unsure how to proceed. If they hadn't recognized him, he was sure his mother's name would also receive the same reaction, or lack thereof. Perhaps for now he'd just observe them and take comfort in the feeling settling over him in their presence. They felt like home.

Ainlif

ooc: soooo sorry for the wait! i think i'm still recovering from getting so sick, so also a little rusty!

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-25-2016, 11:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 09-26-2016, 01:30 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-03-2016, 03:45 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Lagertha - 10-06-2016, 01:03 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hybris - 10-11-2016, 11:22 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ainlif - 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM