• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone
    As soon as she can slip away, she does.

The singing her her bones grows stronger as she makes her way down the beach. It draws her in, pulling her towards a seaside cave that she has passed a dozen times in the last few weeks. It looks no different than it ever has, but she is pulled in regardless.

Her hooves make a hollow tapping on the damp stone, and she continues on even when the light from the entrance has faded entirely. Djinni trusts her hooves and her heart, and when at last she begins to doubt herself, she feels it.

It is not a familiar sensation. Too much time has passed for that. As a newborn, the sensation had been overwhelming; it is no less so for her as an adult. There is a bubble of laughter as the air around her burns with a smokeless fire and then...nothing.

Djinni is left alone, seemingly no different than she had been a moment before.

Yet as she turns her head, she hears a soft clink, and she raises her front hoof to turn back towards the see and there is a long-absent jingle. The chains around her hooves - always more decorative than captive - have returned.

With a burst of joyous laughter, Djinni disappears in a puff of yellow sand, appearing instantaneously at the mouth of the cave. It looks just as dull as it always has, but Djinni knows better. Her djinn was here, comfortable enough in this seaside cave to return what it had granted her decades earlier. She has not been abandoned; in turn she cannot abandon this place where her magick has returned to her.

Perhaps its time she join the Sisterhood.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone - by Djinni - 10-04-2016, 01:39 PM