• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Honey, I'm home. Nayl
    Stillwater

"Who are you?"
    Her sharp query pierced the eerie quiet between them like a pike of solid ice. A shotgun blast in a canyon. Dark, gray-blue eyes slid to her, amused grin tilting his lips. Was that an echo he heard bouncing all around the two of them? All the emptiness, the dead silence. So sad. So very entertaining.

"What brings you to Nerine?"
    He laughed again, dark eyes taking in their surroundings hungrily as though for the first time. His lithe form slipped around to face the sea, and he inhaled deeply the salty air. It was rejuvenating, electrifying, and his eyes gleamed. He'd missed this dearly. He was never going back to that wretched wasteland they called the Meadow. This was where he belonged.

Home.

You mean they still call it that? he asked lightly with a chuckle, steadying his gaze on her again, a bright smile beaming at her. It might have even covered the mock in his words. Is that what you would choose to call it? You are the only one here, after all. What would you name your kingdom, princess? Well, not the only one. He could hardly include himself in that measure, however, and it was obvious the rest had fled at the disappearance of their queen. Only this one remained. Loyal, or ambitious?

He had been here from the start, alongside but separate from the dear queen Naga. The two of them had a silent agreement: he'd stay out of her way, not harm her people, and she would allow him to remain locked away in his cave. It was all he required and it had suited him. He certainly didn't want her precious crown, for all the dust and turmoil it was worth now. If this fire-eyed creature longed for such a thing, he surely wouldn't stand in her way. He desired only his precious hollow pit of darkness.

His eyes flickered in the direction of his cavern, though it wasn't visible from their current perch. Had it been low tide and the entrance revealed, he might have walked away and left her to her own devices. As it was, he had a good while until the tide ebbed, and the light could illuminate his doorway for his perusal. Here's to hoping she was capable of more than the growling kitten face he'd seen plastered on the rest of them. They only had that one look, and they all shared it like a uniform. All the same, no originality. So boring.

What would you do with it, if it were yours? he asked, his voice mellowing and losing its former mirth, eyes distant. What would she do with it, what would she do with him.

And did she like to swim?

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Nayl - 11-20-2016, 08:50 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Stillwater - 11-23-2016, 12:35 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-25-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-28-2016, 08:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM