• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of fire and ice;; eira, any
    -Raeg'n-
    Tall and massive, this living mountain stood as an angry child of the other, the one she'd awakened on so long ago. It felt like so long ago. It steamed, huffed and puffed. Stamped it's little feet. It growled with threat, and yet also held quiet and solid as a monument. Would it become a warning, or an invitation?

Amber eyes trickled down almost reluctantly as movement flickered before her. Sunlight danced across him like a living, gilt statue. Golden and noble, he carried himself tall like some glorious prince from an enchanting fairy tale. She instantly forgot about that stirring mountain and watched him silently, transfixed, as he bowed his head to her just as one of those princes might have.

It was like a scene from a dream, one she did not belong in.

His voice melted over her, the kind that could make a woman purr in response. He named the place Tephra. Her mind said, look around, burn it to memory, but her eyes stayed glued to him, a warrior king. He said his name was Magnus. She didn't respond at first, a slight tilt to her head but otherwise expressionless. Yellow peered out from deep blue, accented with fire-orange, only watching. She supposed he would be what was burned to memory this day.

A sound to the side spun her ear away from him. Would he vanish if she turned away? Her head soon followed, then slowly, her eyes. Dark and delicate, the mare nodded to the gilded prince crowned in darkness. Her own gaze followed, he hadn't disappeared after all, then returned as the woman looked to her.

"Hello, I'm Eira." Something felt... right about that. Her name, her look. Eira, she said under her breath, testing it on her tongue. She came for knowledge, perhaps training in battle. If anything the man looked more promising in that regard, and yet this woman was the one with a slight dullness in her eyes like a magic-stolen. Perhaps both could help her.

I am Raeg'n, she said rather dimly, not at all as strong as she normally sounded, she thought. She glanced between the two, hovering on Magnus. I've come for knowledge. I wish to learn to fight, protect. Defend. Against anything. She shifted back to the woman, wondering if she guessed correctly, and that Raeg'n might be able to help her in return.

I can restore magic, she said quietly. Then waited to see if her intuition had played her true today.
    Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 11-28-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-02-2016, 02:17 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 12-06-2016, 01:41 AM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 12-10-2016, 08:15 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-10-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 12-11-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 12-16-2016, 06:45 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-17-2016, 05:08 PM