• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of fire and ice;; eira, any
    -Raeg'n-
    He was quiet for moments as he seemed to consider her lack of exhange. She tried not to let her heart sink, worried of the rejection soon to come. She had nothing to offer him. He would not teach her. And why should he? But he spoke, and surprise perked her up, ears forward in hope.

"I only ask that you use such knowledge for good. Should you wish to use it for the good of Tephra, it would be appreciated, but is not required."

She could barely contain her delight, midnight coat trembling with the need to stay steady, appear stoic. She refused to be seen as a child in his eyes, could not bare to think it, but the feverish joy electrifying her blood lit her golden eyes bright. Don't mess this up! With effort, she bowed her head to him slowly.
    I will stay, of course. It was the least she could do for everything he would teach her.

Her attention returned eagerly to Eira, and she thought over her question. Ice-defense training or Magnus first? She supposed a good foundation was the best place to start first, and then she would be able to utilize that knowledge more efficiently in Eira's teachings. Yes, that would do nicely.
    I will train with.. Magnus first. She hesitated over his name, unsure if she should be calling him by any specific title. It felt inappropriate somehow, almost too intimate. Then again, she'd rather he just call her by name as well. She shrugged inwardly and moved on.

"Do you have any abilities of your own? Any that you might be able to use in defense?"

An innocent enough question, but she couldn't help the distance she immediately put on her emotions.
    The fairy restored me.. I feel no different, she stated honestly, blandly. If she had a magic, it was hidden away and locked from her grasp. Perhaps one day something might turn up, but she doubted it. Surely everyone would feel if they were different. If they were special.

She turned back to Magnus. If it's alright, I will find you after a few days to begin. There's something I must do first. Someone I must find. Would her childhood friend, her only friend, remember her? Would he be pleased to see her again after so long?
    Would he come with her to live in Tephra..

Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 11-28-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-02-2016, 02:17 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 12-06-2016, 01:41 AM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 12-10-2016, 08:15 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-10-2016, 10:42 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by magnus - 12-11-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Eira - 12-16-2016, 06:45 PM
    RE: of fire and ice;; eira, any - by Raeg'n - 12-17-2016, 05:08 PM