• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    Nayl never would have assumed Naga to find her, not so soon after the change in leadership. Most would still elude the newly-appointed leader and directed their frustration elsewhere. They wouldn’t approach as she is now with her voice leveled and calm. A quick motion flips Nayl’s ears backward to listen to the former Queen behind her before deciding to slowly turn her head for a sideways glance. ”Naga,” she replies in the same, dull tone. They’ve never been on the best terms, but they’ve mostly tolerated one another due to their Amazon bonds. The sisterhood holds their blood closely – everyone’s blood – as a family should be, but no family is perfect.

There’s always a few that stir things up.

”I never imagined I would enjoy the view of a cliff,” she admits with her eyes dutifully trained on the shore and ocean beyond their reach, ”but I’m learning to like it.” Finally, she pivots to face the mare, their eyes leveling onto one another ”I do miss having a lot of trees though,” she had enjoyed their shade and how they were like sentinels protecting the sisterhood. They vibrated with magic and power. Here, it’s the mere crashing of the waves that reflect any amount of life.

Nayl’s eyes narrow when she hears and watched Naga snap at a rodent squirming between her legs. A brow raises, but her derision is curtained by her forelock that hangs loosely down her face. ”You have a pet now?” Or perhaps it’s a future meal for one night the panther is famished. Although the idea is laughable she keeps her mouth pursed shut and nods her head in response. She doubts the critter is joking (likely he speaks for Naga’s unspoken thoughts), but Nayl doesn’t press the matter. Instead, she considers the panther’s question carefully. In other situations, she wouldn’t quite divulge all her plans, but anything she proposes here will affect all that live in Nerine, and so she tells just a small portion of her ideas.

”Patrol, mostly,” she shrugs indifferently as she glances toward the ocean thoughtfully, ”but I will limit how many live here. It’s a sisterhood first and foremost, but I’m not about to chain them into slavery like the rumors have said.” A chuckle punctuates the fable that others have fabricated in her stead, tasting the truth with mild satisfaction at how wrong her peers had been.

They think they know her and what plans she will forge, but they know nothing.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 12-03-2016, 02:36 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Naga - 12-03-2016, 06:20 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 12-04-2016, 09:21 PM