• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater

Untouched.
    Something flared to life in his dark eyes, but he held back any comment. She would not enjoy her lack of intimacy so much if she knew how very wonderful it could feel. How he could feel. He didn't think he would be the one to help her discover it though. Not with her resolve to keep away from his touch. Not with his determination to leave her be, from him. For now, she was safe from him. It made this relationship a taunting and irritating thing. To desire something, to have the power to take it, and to only be able to admire from a distance.

Goddamn Queen.

The incredibly satisfying heat on his skin from her sweet breath pushed him back. He retreated from it. "You can want me, but you won't have me."  She had no idea how true it was, pretentious woman. The others though, they did not have burdensome crowns on their heads warding him off. He looked out to the water as she did, jaw clenched, eyes cooled. Agitated. And not caring to hide it from her. Let her see how much he despised this. At least she could once again enjoy his openness with her.

"Can your loyalty be so easily bought?" she asked as his gaze settled on her again. Cool, dark eyes met hers when she faced him again, amusement lightening her fire. He blinked back, silently grinding his teeth. He was not bought. Loyalty. Was there anything she could promise him that would grant her that reward? That which was not given to anyone. His loyalties always remained with himself. Only himself. Solitary creature.

"All I want is you to be by my side throughout this reign.
    All I want is to be able to trust you."

He held his silence. Disassembling it in his mind piece by piece. Trying to discern the lie, the hidden meaning. It was clear she did not desire a coupling, a mate. What use would he be at her side? His eyes darkened with a new suspicion.
    ...No, she couldn't know. What, then?

Trust. Loyalty. She asked for so much. Did she have any idea what those words even meant for him. Why couldn't it be a simple task for him to accept or deny? Instead, she asked the world of him, and Queen or not, she had no right to it. This was not something he could deliver her. Loyalty to the crown, possibly. Because the counter was too much trouble. But that wasn't what she asked for. Loyalty to her was what she really desired. She gave him nothing that would win that for her.

You ask too much of me, he said softly in honesty, his eyes falling to her tasteful lips once again. More openness for her. Though he really shouldn't.
    But he wouldn't leave her empty-handed.
    He would give her at least something to quiet her mind.

I want no other on your throne. And I certainly don't want it for myself, he said firmly but flat. Which is the only thing keeping me from you.

Would it be enough for her? What was she really after here?

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-04-2016, 09:58 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-06-2016, 12:15 AM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-07-2016, 09:48 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-15-2016, 08:04 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-16-2016, 11:54 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 12-31-2016, 11:33 AM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 12-31-2016, 07:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-05-2017, 09:13 PM