• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i dont belong here; any
    Rhae
    Ajatar.
    Exotic, like the scaled girl.

A tentative smile grew on her dark face, and her blue eyes shined a little brighter. It was nice to be in the company of a child again. It had been so long. She found herself slipping away from where they were, a land of cruel characters, and instead she was simply alone with a vibrant little girl. Comfortable. Safe. There was almost a freedom in that plain way of thinking.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine. It happens when I get mad. Do you live here?"

A small frown tightened her brows a little, and by the end of her speaking Rhae's face carefully blanked, her eyes glancing away. Here. Pangea. At first it was only a place to live, where her sort-of-sister Tioga had taken her. She'd been so safe with the large mare. Her nervousness had still been there, but for a time it had lapsed just the slightest bit. She had, for the most part, passed entirely unharmed and unnoticed. Until the meeting. Until Carnage stepped down. Until Tioga could not be found, and she stood in full view of all the menacing residents.

Yes, she replied quietly. Yes, she did live here. Why didn't she ever try to leave? It was something she tried not to think about. There was nowhere she could go that he couldn't follow. If he wished. But surprisingly, even more than that, this was her home. She didn't want to be out there, drowning in the unknowns of the world. Here was solid. Here was... here.

She wanted to change the subject, she didn't like thinking about her current situations, but she wasn't all that adept at conversation. Smoothly directing the topic to something more desirable was not something she thought she'd ever master. She looked back at Ajatar again, tried to peer a little closer at her affliction.

You can't touch anyone, then? Definitely not smooth. There was a better way to ask it, and she grimaced at her own fumbling ways. Drawing attention to such a thing had to be disconcerting to the girl, not being able to hold her own mother. If that were the case, anyway. Rhae couldn't deny the ache to hold her just for a moment, a touch that for once wouldn't come with the dark, underlying malicious intents that another had toward Rhae. But she wouldn't think about it.
    For now, she was free.

Messages In This Thread
    i dont belong here; any - by Rhae - 12-14-2016, 08:12 PM
    RE: i dont belong here; any - by Ajatar - 12-18-2016, 11:15 PM
    RE: i dont belong here; any - by Rhae - 12-20-2016, 07:04 PM
    RE: i dont belong here; any - by Ajatar - 12-25-2016, 03:44 AM
    RE: i dont belong here; any - by Rhae - 01-01-2017, 11:42 PM