• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The adventure begins
    You need never feel broken again.
    Oh, it’s another beautiful, wonderful, happy day! With very little coaxing I managed to talk Mommy into taking me to visit Uncle uh-KADE-ee-an again, and even if he is not the cuddliest uncle ever - well, I guess he is MY cuddliest uncle, so kind of he is the cuddliest uncle? Anyhow, even if he doesn’t like to snuggle with me, which is very sad, well at least he is fun to play with. And by play with I mean talk to? He is not very playlike either, come to think of it. Well, whatever, he has lots of fun things about him that I am still discovering, and that’s good too.

Today, while I bounce around and crunch leaves, he and Mommy have themselves a little chat, which is fun because Momma gets extra sassy ‘round Uncle Kade. She is all snuggles and love and cuddles around Daddy, but with Uncle Kade, she says funny things that tickle my belly and make me giggle. And she calls him Princess! I grin and laaaugh and flop down to roll in a pile of crunchy leaves, and when I get up again, everything is...stuck.

“Mommy?”

I bound over to her, where she and Uncle Kade are standing totally still just sorta staring at each other, not blinking or breathing or moving at all. I nudge Momma first, but nothing happens. Ohhh I don’t like that. At all at all. “Uncle Kade?” I hop toward him and bounce in front of him, but he doesn’t even flick an ear my way. “Uncle. uh-KADE-ee-an!” Nothing. With a frown and a snort, I gather myself up and pounce his way, bumping into his shoulder with all my weight - oh hey he IS soft, I was totally right! - but he doesn’t even budge.

This is not good. Maybe Daddy can fix it?

My mouth twists to the side and I get this nervous tickle in my chest, and in my belly too, all fluttery like butterflies but ones that make me a little queasy instead of making my eyes light up and a smile take over my whole face. This is not happy butterflies, nope, nope, nope. Oh, goodness me.

I turn to go look for Daddy, because Daddy can fix everything. Just a kiss and boo boos vanish like magic. Maybe he can wake Mommy and Uncle Kade up with kisses too. ‘Cept before I get more than a step or two towards home, the whole world turns colder and the last of the grass is curling up and turning winter brown, and snow’s falling in the distance, everything coming from one direction.

I should go get Daddy. I should definitely go get Daddy. It’s a very, very bad idea to wander that way all by myself. Especially when it’s away from the grown-ups in my family and towards some spooky mysterious wave of winter. Except my feet just sorta go that way, like they got detached from my head and are just gonna go check out the cool new adventuresome changes instead of being smart and making Daddy come with. Or Kiss Mommy and Uncle awake first and then we ALL go.

I walk, walk, walk away from home and safe and smart, leaving everything and everybody I know behind to follow the tugging on my feet. I follow it all the way to a cave, and by then I’m shivery cold and a cozy cave seems like a good idea. Plus! Oh, plus there’s light! Just like Mommy’s, all glowy happy floaty light, that’s got to mean it’s safe. Oh yay! I hop towards the mouth of the cave, but then I hear a scary kinda sound like maybe somebody’s in trouble in there. Oh no! “Hello?” Screams are scary, and I don’t like them, not at all. But if somebody’s in trouble, I should help, right? Right. So I gather myself up and take a deep breath, my lips pursed with a combination of that scary tickly feeling that I think is maybe fear, and determination - that one I know already for sure. And with one big nod, I launch myself into the cave, past the pretty lights and straight into the dark. There are three paths, and I can’t tell which one it’s coming from, so I run right up the middle, go go go! Don’t worry, I’ll save you! Or at least I’ll do my best.

((Rora picks the middle path, and would prefer a trait as a potential quest reward. Thank you! ^_^))
    Sometimes darkness can show you the light.

pic by Qinni

Messages In This Thread
    The adventure begins - by Time - 12-22-2016, 10:59 AM
    RE: The adventure begins - by Iasan - 12-22-2016, 12:01 PM
    RE: The adventure begins - by Jay's Wing - 12-23-2016, 06:44 AM
    RE: The adventure begins - by SaphiraG1rl - 12-23-2016, 09:20 AM
    RE: The adventure begins - by Karaugh - 12-23-2016, 09:43 AM
    RE: The adventure begins - by Divide - 12-23-2016, 11:17 AM
    RE: The adventure begins - by Druid - 12-23-2016, 08:29 PM
    RE: The adventure begins - by irisa - 12-24-2016, 04:28 PM
    RE: The adventure begins - by hawke - 12-25-2016, 01:50 AM
    RE: The adventure begins - by Nyxia - 12-25-2016, 02:49 AM