• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

connect the space b e t w e e n [OPEN]

no matter what they say, I am still the king

Was immortality a blessing or a curse? Was it a beautiful thing to live forever – to have the possibility of anything and everything at your fingertips? Or was it a curse that had been given from the gods – to live a live one thousand times over, to never an end? Eight wasn’t sure. There were days that came where he felt tired despite his magic and might; days where he looked at the world and realized there was no true reason to be here. It was like wanting for nothing – how long could your soul survive?
    While you had your cage of silence, it was possible that each person had a different kind of cage. Was Eight’s his magic? While it seemed like a gift that would allow him the world – perhaps it was barring something from him as well.
    He smirked slightly as you snorted, recognizing the irony in his comment. Of course it was quiet here, with you – it always would be (for as long as there was no magic, anyway). There was some solace in that – the ebb and flow of silence, the lack of meaningless chatter and strained conversation. Perhaps it was why he enjoyed his time around you, there was no need for anything unnecessary, there was simply existence and the communication of bodies.
    Your head shook, and he took it as an answer- Tephra was like what the Valley had been, a dormant land that riddled with activity under the surface. A place that looked to be sleeping, but was filled with nightmares and dreams crawling to the surface. No, there were not many souls in sight – but that did not mean they were lurking.
    Eight scanned the horizon, the trees slinking into darkness with the setting sun, and the chill of the night that threatened snow later on. As he rounded his vision back to you, he saw your eyes scorching bright, a question brimming to their surface. He closed his eyes, enjoying the silence, enjoying the moment of truly deciphering what you could mean, rather than digging into your mind with magic.
    “Am I staying?” He inhaled deeply – it was a question that could not be answered so easily. “For now. But I’m not quite sure this is even a home to me anymore.” He flicked his gaze to meet yours once more. “And you? This is your home now? Here you’ll stay?”

and now the storm is coming, the storm is coming in

Messages In This Thread
    RE: connect the space b e t w e e n [OPEN] - by Eight - 01-05-2017, 08:31 AM