• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

heavy dirty soul; karris - elysium - any?
    i'm waiting for this sky to fall, i’m waiting for a sign.
    i know you're out there; somewhere out there.

Oh her little golden girl!

Ichor had been the last of their little brood, the last of their children to be conceived before the Reckoning had struck and made such a mess of things. She’d been such an unusual creature too, inheriting most of her traits from her father – his wings, his antennae, his limbs – but with one small addition from Karris herself. A little set of gills, one on either side of her head.

A marvelous combination of moth, lamprey and horse.

But even in this form, even as a ‘normal’ creature, little Ichor is beautiful to her eyes. How could she not be? She is hers down to the bone, hers and Elysium’s, and no fibre of her being could ever find the girl distasteful, no matter what the Reckoning has done.

She nickers as the soft golden nose buries itself against the coolness of her skin. “Ik-er,” she breathes as the girl’s familiar scent fills the air. She smiles (or what passes for a smile from her mouth) as the girl’s kisses travel up from shoulder to neck, to gill, to mouth. “I -issed you.”

She can sense the need in Ichor’s touch, the desire for the unusual (the familiar) that she’s missing, and Karris’ heart breaks for the poor girl. Karris still thinks Ichor perfect no matter the shape of her body, but she understands. Oh she understands all too well.

Something soft and familiar rustles nearby, and she draws back from the girl with a wide (and unsettling grin). “Elysiuh!” She breathes deep as he moves against her, inhaling his musky scent, and shivering as his delicate wings brush oh so gently against her damp skin. Funny to realize how much she’s missed this – it’s not something she’d ever given much thought before. “I too.”

She follows Elysium as he reaches for their daughter, and as he stands cheek to cheek with their beautiful girl, she slips in between the two of them, neck pressed against Ichor’s lower shoulder, rump pressed up against Elysium’s legs.

She fills with something she can’t entirely describe, a happiness of sorts, but more than happiness. More than joy. It’s an infectious bubbling feeling that threatens to overflow her banks and carry her away. She feels full, she feels light, she feels free.

This … this here is something she’d never thought possible. A wonderful, incredible dream, and it’s all hers.

Family. Her family.

Ichor pulls away, and Karris steps back and looks up. Her joy abates (though does not disappear) at the names that fall from her daughter’s lips. "-In. -Ortia?” This here might be her family, but it is not complete. “-Ere?”

Karris
    all we are is all so far.

-In = Min, -Ortia = Portia, -Ere (pronounced 'air') = where

Messages In This Thread
    RE: heavy dirty soul; karris - elysium - any? - by Elysium - 02-27-2017, 02:07 AM
    RE: heavy dirty soul; karris - elysium - any? - by Karris - 03-17-2017, 10:51 PM