• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

any
    -Raeg'n-
    She glanced to him every now and then as he splashed and played in the water. The sense of freedom and security that smoothed his young face was relieving, comforting. Maybe she wasn't doing too terrible at keeping him company -and safe.

She felt his eyes on her, heard his sweet laughter, but didn't react to it save for the thrum of pleasure in her heart as she kept her pace. "Will you teach me that one day?"

Yes, she said instantly without pausing her flow of movement. Because she had already decided he would need to learn some defense, if she were ever to fall and not get back up -a grave possibility. He was growing, thickening up. He could begin soon, perhaps. But she wouldn't pressure him, she still hoped to nurture his childhood, what was left of it. Her boy deserved fun and joy, not hard drills and Death hanging over him. Then again boys liked to fight, and she would not deny missing a sparring partner. To grow in sync with another, naturally coordinate your moves together without thinking; it was gratifying. Electric. Powerful.

She landed more sharp hits, spun low in a dodge. Her eye caught movement in the greenery around them and in the same fluid move she ended protectively before Ruan with an instant fire igniting in her gold eyes, her stance ready. A sheen of sweat darkened her coat, but she breathed easily as though she hadn't been just running her paces.

"Hello there, and welcome to Nerine. How can I help you two?"
    She logged the name to memory as she studied the creature who's gaze slid behind her to something in the brush. Raeg'n kept an ear on Ruan's movements, always in tune to where he was and what dangers lay around him.

We don't need help, thank you, she said calmly, her tone bland but not rudely so. My boy needed food, refreshment. There is not much of that in Pangea. We don't intend trespass. She explained, leaving out that he'd also needed play and exercise, a change in scenery. She'd said her boy but she was still obviously too young to have her own children. Not her son, not her brother. Just simply her boy, her light, her star.

She straightened carefully, cautious but relaxing the tension in the air in hopes to ease the situation. Her blue figure shifted to reveal her stunning, silver boy behind her, reaching to touch her nose to him without taking her eyes from the stranger.
    Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    any - by Raeg'n - 01-20-2017, 03:59 PM
    RE: any - by k i l t e r - 01-24-2017, 04:52 PM
    RE: any - by Celeana - 01-24-2017, 07:47 PM
    RE: any - by Raeg'n - 01-25-2017, 01:32 PM