• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

”Oh, there will be a next time.” He sounds so sure of himself that is no doubt to irk her in some way. He likes to think he knows her well enough by now to know that at least. He grins, a bit wickedly, eyes twinkling merrily in that way he has. ”You can’t think I’d let you get away that easily? Besides, we live in the same place.”

She doesn’t seem to hate him so much as she did before, and there, for the briefest of moments, he sees a bit of a smile threatening to curve her lips. He simply could not rest until he made her smile again. It is his whole purpose in life, to make others smile. She would be no exception. And despite his carefree demeanor, one would quickly find that when Fox set his mind to something, he could be quite persistent. A stubbornness that would no doubt serve him well in the future.

She might wish to conquer the world with her serious (grumpy) determination, but he would conquer the world through happiness.

But that is neither here nor there at this particular moment.

Fox finds himself chuckling at her next words, crisp though they might. He tips his head, as though seriously considering her statement. Perhaps because he is, in fact, seriously considering it. ”You know, I really think I would.”

He frowns for a moment, as though in concentration, before pausing and grinning widely. ”Well, if you want to see me in a mustache, you’ll just have to make sure you see me again.” His words are said triumphantly, as though any future meetings are a certainty. Which, in his mind, of course they are.

”I should go anyway. Lots of stuff to do.” With that, he turns to trot bouncily away, pausing only once to glance briefly back at her. ”Until next time!”

He kind of hopes she might follow, but the more sensible part of him knows that she won’t.

Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by Fox - 02-19-2017, 12:49 PM