• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Destruction of that magnitude is something impossible to hide, even from those with a sight weaker than Heartfire's. Of course, for the pewter mare laced with white, pretty much everything is impossible to hide.

Still, she is surprised that this particular feat had not attracted a larger crowd. Were she anyone else, she might think this a common sight for the lack of audience. But she knows better.

She offers her own smile in response to Nayl's faint grin. Just a slight tipping of her lips that demonstrates her amusement at the dry humor she had offered. ”I will be sure to wash daily then.”

She turns her gaze, surveying the rubble as dust continues to settle around them, lips curled in that mild grin. She only looks back at her companion when she continues, offering her name and asking after hers.

”Heartfire. I suppose you could say that I am new here.”

That might be a bit of an overstatement, even if she had not acquainted herself with the land already. In truth, she had more than simply familiarized herself with the land. She had also familiarized herself quite thoroughly with its residents and history.

She has never been one to allow herself to be taken by surprise.

Neither has she been one to share overly much. Though if asked, she has nothing to hide. She might collect secrets like coin, but, like coin, they are easily exchanged for the right price. In some cases, that price might even be as simple as trust, especially when one wishes to make a situation permanent.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 02-06-2017, 09:56 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Heartfire - 02-22-2017, 05:02 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 03-04-2017, 01:12 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Heartfire - 03-05-2017, 11:38 PM