• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Jinju
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

He is not done with the meadow. Not even close. In his youthful frame of mind, he could easily spend days exploring this place. The animals and foliage, the plethora of horses that call this place home, the newcomers and residents alike. It is incredible in a way that can only be so to those of a youthful disposition. And he is most certainly in solid possession of a youthful disposition.

On the surface, there is nothing particularly unique about him. He of a medium stature, with the bony frame and knobby, long legs of a foal. His coat is a dull red with white speckled throughout to create a rather nice roaning in a strawberry hue. A bold strip of white decorates his small, delicate head and additional white upon three of his four legs. All in all, nothing terribly special. Just another colt in a world oft filled with colts.

No, it is that which cannot be seen that makes him quite the interesting little guy. Things he is still too young to understand fully, but also things with which he likes to test and toy. So, despite the sweltering heat of the summer sun, one can often catch him with a swirl of snow and ice dancing about him. Snowflakes and icicles that quickly melt beneath the humid warmth, and just as quickly replaced by those newly fashioned.

At this particular moment, he can be found knee deep in a small pond, nut brown gaze fixed intently upon the water’s surface as a sheen of ice stretches slowly across the still shallows. Despite the relentlessness of the bright sun and the cloudlessness of the blue sky, that thin sheet inches determinedly onward, spider-webbing across the water until a goodly portion of the pond has been covered.

Releasing a breath he hadn’t known he was holding, young Fox eyes his handiwork, lopsided grin pasted to his features, even as it begins to melt away without the supernatural aid he provides.

Fox

@[~Sapphire~]

Messages In This Thread
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Jinju - by Fox - 02-08-2017, 03:51 PM