• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you need never feel broken again; daddy
    You need never feel broken again.
    “Daddy!”

With a big ol’ grin, I bound up to my daddy and snuggle up against his side, rubbing my face on his shoulder. I’m way too excited to stay still, my body wiggling like crazy and my little tail flailing about with way too much happy energy to contain it.

“Daddyyyy I made a friend! A me-shaped one, even! She’s little and cute and soft and kinda greyish and black and white and she has these big, prettyyy BROWN eyes and her name’s Luster and she’s my new friend! And she’s not imaginary or anything! Least I’m pretty sure, but she does sort of disappear into the dark, but I thiiink she’s for real anyhow! Ohhh I should ask her to come meet you if she does come to Sylva, because that would be fun fun fun. You want to meet her, right, Daddy? A-cause she’s my friend? I thought so.”

I nod and beam up at him and take a deep breath because I’m all out of air and it’s hard to talk with no air. And before Daddy can even say anything back, I keep right on talking. “D’you think Mommy’s gonna be mad I snuck away and made a friend? I know I’m not a’posed to sneak away without saying so, ‘specially if I’m sneaking all the way to the Meadow, but I had to, Daddy! I had big thinks to think and it’s hard to think big thinks when I’m distracted by cuddles and snuggles and wiggles and giggles and playtime and happy cozy friends and oh no I forgot to finish thinking!” My ears droop and my whole head droops and my tail even stops waggling around all happy-like. “I might have to start all over! I forgot where I left off. Oh no.”

I rest my head on Daddy’s shoulder, which is a very comfy pillow shaped just right for resting a head against, and a huuuuge sigh escapes all the way from the very bottom of my lungs. Then I perk right back up. “That’s okay, making a new friend is worth it. How was your day, Daddy? Ohhh you’re not mad though, right? I was real careful like, and I didn’t talk to any strangers except one and she was me-sized and really nice and not scary at all at all, and I didn’t even see anything with sharp teeth but if I had I’d have bopped it on the nose and told it to go away and not eat me.” My face scrunches up a little and my eyes get all big and wide and sad at the thought that Daddy might be mad that I sneaked away. “So it’s okay, right?”
    Sometimes darkness can show you the light.

pic by Qinni

@[Rhory]

Messages In This Thread
    you need never feel broken again; daddy - by Rora - 02-11-2017, 07:44 PM