• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when you think all is forsaken; hawke
    I missed the sound of her approaching footsteps, too lost in grief and doubt and pain to pay attention to my surroundings. Her voice is my first clue, and by then it’s too late to paste on a smile and pretend nothing is wrong. Any hope I might have had to the contrary is dashed when I turn to meet her eyes, shining with sympathy. I could curse my carelessness, expecting the Meadow of all places to be empty enough for me to let my guard down, but what good would it do?

With a sad little smile, I shrug and duck my head, buying a moment to get myself under control. “It’s alright,” I murmur, almost whisper-quiet. “My own fault for not paying more attention to where I am.” And to who’s around.

Touched by her offer of help, I look up, meeting her soft hazel eyes. “Thank you, but I don’t think...I don’t think there’s really anything you can do, though I appreciate the offer. I...I think I made a terrible mistake, one I can’t fix or take back. It’s just...it’s just weighing heavily on me right now. Maybe it’s just the time of year, you know? Coming around again and reminding me. I’ll be okay. It’s sweet of you to offer, though.”

Messages In This Thread
    when you think all is forsaken; hawke - by Rora - 02-26-2017, 04:02 PM
    RE: when you think all is forsaken; hawke - by Rora - 03-19-2017, 03:00 PM