• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

can you -take- it all away; any
    dovev

"I would call us nothing," she said so dryly, so dull. God, she was so much more fun alone. But it didn't dim his smile, only lit his eyes with amusement. Oh, and that look in her eyes when Luster materialized and shielded him with her beautiful body. "He would be far safer without you next to him, Luster," she warned in that deliciously sharp voice. His smile widened and he kissed sweet Luster again, there on her precious neck. This could get fun.

"My Heartfire?" Luster asked, and he didn't like that ache in her twinkling voice. It twisted his gut and hardened his heart, and he placed another light kiss at her cheek. Don't hurt, love.

Ah, but Heartfire was so grouchy today and dusted the poor grass at his feet. He sighed, burying the pang of concern for Luster to be near these two, at the danger his presence always seemed to put her in, ignoring the stupid wonder in the lover's voice as he commented on the display of destruction. Luster... he whispered, wishing her safely away. But he didn't have to, he quickly learned.

She pressed further into his chest and he dipped his chin to hold her. Then, over bare seconds, they were both coated in a protective layer of light, a guard against physical attacks. Tricky girl, full of delightful surprises.

His black eyes locked onto the other man though as he addressed Luster. He found he didn't like when they spoke to her, especially this one who seemed to play some sort of hurtful joke on her as he melded into someone else, someone she seemed to recognize. Snake, she called him, her silver-sweet voice gone hard and deadly, turning his own blood cold with instant hate. His jaw clenched tight, and he forced himself to relax again.

Then the stranger's attention was on him as he mocked him for hiding behind Luster, an endless pool of darkness expanding at their feet instantly. Dovev smiled again, couldn't help but kiss her sweet skin another time or two. Obviously, he hadn't moved a step at all since they'd shown up. Luster was her own woman, did as she pleased. Could always do whatever she wanted with him, whether it was protecting him or something a bit more fun and intimate. His eyes gleamed and he stayed silent. She twisted beneath him and brought his attention wholly to her again, her lips pressing to the curve of his dark smile.

"I wish you wouldn't, I so enjoy both of those things."

He laughed, his voice so clear and smooth for a man made of such sharp edges and hard lines. His nose teased across hers sweetly before he caught the corner of those sweet lips with another kiss. She was such a fun girl, soft edges with a wonderful fire in her.

But this all really seemed like something between he and Heartfire, and he turned his attention to her, keeping his chest pressed against his Luster. What can I do for you, Heartfire? I do believe my girl would prefer time alone with me, if you don't mind hurrying along this little chat. He had a broken heart to soothe, after all. Some idiot had bruised that gentle heart of hers and he intended to make it right however he could. Maybe he wasn't all bad, after all. For her, anyway.

I'll take my bow, I won't make a sound
    I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

Messages In This Thread
    can you -take- it all away; any - by Dovev - 03-06-2017, 12:02 AM
    RE: can you -take- it all away; any - by Wyrm - 03-06-2017, 04:20 PM
    RE: can you -take- it all away; any - by luster - 03-14-2017, 05:26 PM
    RE: can you -take- it all away; any - by Dovev - 03-14-2017, 11:22 PM
    RE: can you -take- it all away; any - by Wyrm - 03-18-2017, 05:46 PM
    RE: can you -take- it all away; any - by luster - 03-28-2017, 11:59 PM
    RE: can you -take- it all away; any - by Dovev - 04-04-2017, 06:16 AM