• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We’re gonna go from feelin’ fear to feelin’ free
    He can tell that it’s not just him that’s making the mare nervous.  As he speaks, the mare’s attention seems to drift, as though lost in some sort of thought or memory.  She even seems to have difficulty meeting his eye - a clear sign of some sort of damaged past, he thinks.  He takes note of the way that she avoids giving full answers to his questions.  It appears this conversation might not work out well in his favour after all.

But, there’s still hope.  Instead of an outright no, she’s giving him nervous uncertainties.  And a little window into her past.  He’d been right - she’s damaged goods.  “That’s alright!  I understand not wanting to jump into something immediately, especially when you’re so new to a land.”  He understands alright.  He just wishes she wasn’t smart and cautious enough to realize that she should be careful.  “Perhaps you could travel around to some of the kingdoms and little territories to get to know the land better?  I could always show you around Forlorn Forest - it’s the herd land I hope to claim when I actually get mares.”  And then when he has her in his herd land …

It’s perhaps lucky that he hasn’t built up a herd yet.  There’s no reputation for her to hear about if she does decide to go visiting the other kingdoms.

He sees her eying his body in curiosity and smiles, waiting for the inevitable question.  It slips out of her mouth rather sooner than he expected, considering her skittishness, and he chuckles.  It’s not the first time he’s been asked that question, and he’s sure that it won’t be the last.  At least he can tell he’s caught her interest in some fashion.  “It’s alright.  My body is made of metal … iron to be exact.  An after effect of being fathered by a God.  Or at least, as close to a God as Beqanna has got.”  There’s no one more powerful than Carnage here in Beqanna.  Or even in the world, Khaos likes to think.  “I have a few talents too, if you’d like to see.”  He concentrates for a moment, focusing on the soil at his feet.  After a few moments the dirt erupts, sending a small ball of iron flying into the air.  He holds it in mid air, stretching it out, molding it.  Before long he’s holding a long, conical shape, which he attaches to his forehead.  It’s easily recognizable as a horn.  He grins at her.  “Fun, hey?”  Inwardly however he’s hoping that she’ll be dazzled enough to follow him.
    K H A O S
    iron son of carnage and oswyn
    hell is empty and all the devils are here
    Reference here

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We’re gonna go from feelin’ fear to feelin’ free - by Khaos - 05-27-2015, 02:32 AM